Friday, August 08, 2014

Project 52 2014 (32/52): All Of Me

.:Project 52 2014 (32/52): All Of Me:.



What would I do without your smart mouth? Drawing me in, and you kicking me out.

There are some things in life you just appreciate all the more when it's no longer there, even if it seemed like the worst thing ever while it was happening. And then at some point, it just ceases, and you begin to miss it, slowly but surely. It all just strikes you while you're deep in thought at your most lucid.

You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down.

Unpredictable. A hair trigger for just about anything. Tsundere. One moment you have me at the highest of highs, the next, you have me at the lowest of lows. But that's really the kind of power you have over me. And that's what really sets you apart: you have a way of carrying yourself that really just makes you special.

What's going on in that beautiful mind? I'm on your magical mystery mind.

I never know what you're thinking. Here I am, reading minds for a living, yet I can't seem to read you. I don't have the faintest idea how to read you. Everything about you is a mystery. Beautiful, catastrophic. Uplifting, disturbing. It's all there, and it's all drawing me more and more to you. I want to be there every second. To see each twist and turn. To appreciate you for you, in all the glory and horror.

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be all right.

I can take it. I know I can. It's worth it all just to be here. By your side. To see everything as it should be.

My head's underwater, but I'm feeling fine.

I can't quit you. I can't give you up. Through the ups and downs, I know I would still stay on, because that's the only thing I've ever known to be certain in my life. This is my bedrock of certitude, and it doesn't matter how hopeless or futile it might seem to anyone else.

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind.

Story of our lives, isn't it?

'Cause all of me loves all of you.

This won't change. Time hasn't changed it. Circumstances won't change it. Nothing will. It's something you can count on from the moment you wake up to the moment you slumber, and every moment captured by it as well. You're special because you're you. There's no reason to look for beyond that.

Love your curves and all your edges. All your perfect imperfections.

If you think for one moment that I would turn my back on you just because things aren't oh-so-perfect, then you would be sorely mistaken. I knew what I was in for when I signed up for this. And I know better than to balk when the going gets tough, because it's all worth it in the end. You're worth it.

Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you.

I never held anything back from you since day 1, and that will be how it is until the very last day.

You're my end and my beginning. Even when I lose, I'm winning.

There has always been a void in my life that only you have managed to fill back then. But now that I am in a better state, where I know that I need you, but I can survive with or without you, I know far better than ever that you have been nothing but a positive force in my life. If your love is water, then I never want to go thirsty again.

'Cause I give you all of me...



No comments: