Friday, March 28, 2014

Project 52 2014 (12/52): As Long As You Love Me

Technically, now that I think about it, these posts follow my classic blogpost formula for lyrically speaking scribbles. I realized that just now.

.:Project 52 2014 (12/52): As Long As You Love Me:.



Although loneliness has always been a friend of mine, I'm leaving my life in your hands...


I'm not going to ruin things by getting ahead of myself. I'm not going to make the mistake of overplaying my hand when there's still so much ground left to cover. Despite that, I have to admit that with each passing day, I learn to appreciate things more and more.

It was a slow build, really. I didn't quite expect things would get to this point this abruptly, yet despite that, I like where things are headed. It's humbling to realize that not everything we want, not everything we plan, will always fall into place, and sometimes, the universe has better ideas.

People say I'm crazy and that I am blind, risking it all in a glance...

But what *is* crazy, really? The notion that if I keep doing the same thing I've been doing these years again and again, somehow, the results would magically change? I'm so through with that self-delusion. I think it's time I started doing things differently.

I think it's time I really started doing things my way.

But how you got me blinded's still a mystery, I can't get you out of my head...

It's been hovering over me non-stop. How did I get here? Why am I lost in this haze now? I've been walking around wounded for so long, I didn't really think I was going to find myself in this state so abruptly. Manic-depressive, am I? Maybe. But there is no denying that I'm on a high, and it's the kind of high I have never expected to find myself in for a long time already.

It's new. It's exciting/. But it also feels that it could very well last.

Don't care what is written in your history, as long as you're here with me...

And anyone can tell me that I don't know much. There's a chance that I really don't understand much, either. It's all just a blur, and I'm trying to process everything that's been happening to me.

But I do know enough. And I do understand enough, and I do believe that counts for something.

I don't care who you are

There are things I need to find out over time, but it won't change the way I feel right now. Those are things we leave behind, not things we weigh ourselves down with in the here and now.

Where you're from

There are places I have yet to see, but its beauty won't be tarnished by what came before. All that matters is what my eyes can see when I'm there. All that matters is that there is a bridge I can cross when I get there.

Don't care what you did

Skeletons? Everyone has skeletons. I know that rather intuitively. But I don't care about that, because I care about the fact that there are no closets to speak of now. The skeletons may lay bare for all to see, but it doesn't dissuade me one bit.

It's so easy to bail out when the past catches up with you. But why would you want to, when you find something worth fighting for again when you thought you simply never would? It doesn't matter. None of it matters.

As long as you love me...

No comments: