Monday, June 13, 2011

Project 52 (24/52): Pag-Ibig - APO Hiking Society

.:Project 52 (24/52): Pag-Ibig - APO Hiking Society:.



So sue me, but I love the APO Hiking Society, and I'm a sucker for the Nestle commercial that was inspired by this song. Thanks to that commercial, I can't even listen to this song anymore without getting all misty-eyed, and with good reason. APO Hiking Society is just that damned good.

I mean, it's no secret that I am a huge fan, considering I've seen their farewell Valentine's concert, Jim Paredes was my teacher, and I normally sing "When I Met You" during videoke sessions, but I must admit that I overlooked this song for a long time until the Nestle 100 Commercials came along. It's such a beautiful song about love, in all its many splendid forms.

Listening to this song just really takes me back, in all honesty. It's such a great, memorable tune, and all things considered, it's downright criminal that this doesn't get played during weddings more often, because it's just so appropriate, perhaps even the best song among the countless gems in the discography of the APO Hiking Society.

After everything has been said and done, though, I don't think I've heard a single cover except perhaps by Noel Cabangon that even remotely does justice to this song. Aren't we all grateful that the original is always just there for us to listen to and enjoy? I know I am.

No comments: