Monday, May 02, 2011

Project 52 (18/52): We Could Be In Love - Brad Kane and Lea Salonga

.:Project 52 (18/52): We Could Be In Love - Brad Kane and Lea Salonga:.



While it's too bad I could find only this version with Jed Madela and Ms. Lea Salonga, there's no question that this extremely sappy song is like a bad habit you just can't quit. During the year this came out, it easily topped Ms. Jessica Zafra's list for worst songs of the year, and yet a decade and a half or so later, and this song still has legs, no matter how blood-curdling it is to listen to.

It doesn't take a jeen-yas to see why this song really works, despite the cheesiness. Lea Salonga is just that good, really. Listening to the song, you can't help but feel at peace with yourself if you tried not to overthink the lyrics too much. It's also a very tongue-in-cheek look at how sometimes, you fall in love with someone without ever even realizing it. Hey, don't knock it. It happens. It really happens.

This week, I will pay tribute to keso through this song. I don't really know why I am, but I figured that I just ought to. Needless to say, I am a great admirer of Ms. Lea Salonga's talent, and this song, no matter how sappy it may be, still showcases how effortlessly great she truly is.

No comments: