Saturday, April 10, 2010

30 Days Of Music (4/30), And Friday Night's Bikini Open

.:Day 4/30 Of 30 Days Of Music: A Song That Makes Me Sad:.

Oh, this particular entry touched a nerve, because there are a million and one songs that really makes me sad. And no, I’m not going to make a joke out of it and say that hearing Sitti’s pathetic excuse for “singing” makes me sad.

I think, suffice it to say, every single song that has served as some kind of theme song for me and someone I used to love would fall under this whenever I hear them now: Way Back Into Love, Through The Fire, I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You, Right Here Waiting, Make Me Whole, and Never Let Her Slip Away. Other songs are sort of on the fringe, and my mood could change about them at any given time, like What Might Have Been.

But here are some songs that really, really hit the spot whenever I hear them. Songs that always elicit an emotional response from me because in all honesty, even though I may be an emotional sap, it takes quite a lot from a song to really get me, more than movies. In WAVE 89.1, we had this stinger that put it beautifully: every song tells a story. These songs, are the songs that never fail to really draw an impact from me, and they do make me sad.

<
/param>


“I’m afraid to fly, and I don’t know why...” the immortal piano intro of this song really just gets me, and reminds me how easy it is to fall, and how hard it is to get out of the funk when things just don’t turn out too well for you. It’s one of those songs that really just hits the spot, and it’s a classic. Fallin’ is just one of the best songs. Ever.



“To a broken heart, how does one say, ‘Happy Valentine’s Day?’” Trina Belamide’s masterpiece of a song never fails to get me. Listening to it, you just really feel how powerful the lyrics of the song are. It’s definitely one of the saddest songs ever, if you ask me. I strongly suggest you give it a listen when you can. Whenever Feb 14 approaches, this song is the ultimate killer.



“Tatlong Huwebes na ang dumaan, ‘di pa rin nasasakyan, na wala ka na...” Such a sad song, really. The Itchyworms always seem to have a song that always just hits the spot every single time. This is why they’re simply my favourite band.



“I know that I ought to find someone new, but all I find is myself thinking of you.” I don’t think I need to explain any further. This song slays. It really, really does.



“You were my world, you meant everything to me. You’re the air I breathe, the song I sing...” A song I used to play a lot on WAVE 89.1, this not-so-well-known Justin Timberlake song is really my favourite from him. If you haven’t heard it yet, then you should. It’s really special.



“’Cause I can’t make you love me if you don’t. I can’t make your heart feel something it won’t...” I saved this song for last, because this really is one of the harshest but truest songs out there. Love is a two-way street, and if I can’t make you love me, then that’s all she wrote.

.:Bikini Open, Open Bikini. What's The Diff?:.'

Went out last night to Alchemy since GB asked me to, and I found myself right in the middle of a bikini party. Amusingly enough, we made a couple of new friends, and they tried to pair me up with this girl who was obviously taken. She's one of the cousins of a contestant that night. Anyways, I'll tell you more about it if I ever find the time. All in all, it was a pretty awesome night, although the Korean magician we met left a lot to be desired, considering he's supposedly "the best" Korea has to offer, which I hope isn't true.

No comments: