Sunday, February 28, 2010

Backstreet's Back, Awright!

.:Backstreet’s Back, All Right!:.

Last Saturday was the night I was waiting for. It was the Backstreet Boys concert night, and I was beside myself in happiness, to say the least.

I picked up tickets after I took the Mensa test in the Fort, and fell in line for what seemed like an eternity. Even ran into Ozy, although that signalled to me that I was in the wrong line, since we didn’t have the same tickets.

Having said that, by the time I got into Araneta Coliseum, I was incredibly stoked. It was funny as well that one of the people who was in line with me even struck up conversation with me, and I ended up making friends with Tracy that night, as we sang and danced and clapped to the best hits of the Backstreet Boys.

Their set was rather predictable, and this was a good thing. We wanted to hear the songs we sang along to in the 90’s, and we got it. From “Backstreet’s Back” to “Larger Than Life”, it was just an adrenaline rush for anyone who was a fan of the group. Without a front act to get us going, the boys were the ones who really took the entire Coliseum on a ride we would never forget. The hits just kept on coming, and we were all there, begging for more, more, more.

In between their sets, they had some hilarious video clips where they had themselves green-screened in blockbuster Hollywood hits like “The Fast and the Furious”, “The Matrix”, “Enchanted”, and “Fight Club”. There was even a mention of N’Sync at some point in Nick’s video, which just elicited a lot of laughs from the audience.

Ultimately, the night was a great night, and with a promise that they’ll be back again soon, I’m definitely looking forward to it, albeit it’d be a lot more fun, to be sure, if I happened to actually have a date the next time I watch the Backstreet Boys. I think this night ranks right up there, next only to Mick Foley and Rick Astley.

No comments: