Sunday, April 05, 2009

Campus Radio Is Back Online...

.:Will The Third Time Be The Charm For Them?:.

Well, I just wanted to express my well wishes to Campus Radio for making it back, albeit in online radio format. I know the guys behind this really made a lot of effort to make things work, so I'm glad that it paid off for them.

Having said that, for the people who have moved on beyond the Campus format, I enjoin those who want them back to respect their wishes and not have to bother them about it. Really. There is no need to open any more cans of worms for people who are just doing fine, minding their own business.

Anyways, we still aren't quite sure what this would mean for everyone in the end. After the grueling tale that came to be known as the Campus 99.5 fiasco, a lot of people were rather jaded by what has happened. After spending some time with a former co-Airchecker, TJ, last Tuesday, the both of us were very grateful for having been a part of Campus 99.5, but it's easy to understand why some regrets exist, because there was so much left to do before the plug was pulled. In time, we've generally accepted that some things just aren't meant to be, and we simply have to keep on keeping on.

When rumors came around that Campus was going to return, I was personally excited for them. Now that it's become a reality, well, one can only hope that things will continue to be on the up and up for them, and for the radio industry in general.

While I've been out of the radio industry for a while already, I still have much love for them. I still long for the day I could come back even just to train a new generation of jocks to keep the torch of radio burning. It's the least I can do for an industry that I truly love so much.

2 comments:

James said...

In a stroke of coincidence, I had Joshua as my professor for one of my classes a couple of months ago.

I was able to ask him about his views with regards to the events from last year and he said it was something that was truly unexpected. I gladly informed him of Campus being back online and he was happy to know about it.

More power to John Hendrix and co.!

Ron Knight Banzagales said...

Hello Campus people... please read this related article.

http://diskorner.blogspot.com/2008/04/best-gorund.html