Friday, January 02, 2009

The Year-End Survey...

.:The Year-End Survey...:.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
- Do stage illusions!
- Watch stand-up comedians!
- Travel to Baguio, La Union, and Subic on my own!
- Become extremely active in the blogging community!
- Perform with Ms. Giselle Sanchez!
- Go bar hopping (For AXE.)!
- Plurk!


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't really make New Year's resolutions, so... but I do intend to lose weight this 2009.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Well, one of my Beloved's friends, and the wife of a guy I play M:TG with.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Not really close per se, but Lorenz Tan and my landlord were two people who come to mind...

5. What countries did you visit?

Stayed in the Philippines the whole year.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Power 9? :P Seriously, 2008 was a bountiful year, although I'm to blame for having next to nothing to show for it.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Other than specific dates involving my Beloved, August 1, 2008. This was the date of the Rick Astley concert!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I would have to say “Laughs And Gasps”. To me, that was a milestone as far as my magic career is concerned. Also, I supported myself for practically a year on magic alone. And, of course... thesis! Yeba.

This year as well, I decided to openly proclaim being straight edge.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I hardly saved anything going into next year. At least, though, I did manage to save something, and next year looks to be even bigger, career-wise.

I also felt bad I didn't get back into radio permanently this year. The whole Campus 99.5 thing still saddens me, sometimes.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing particularly noteworthy, no. Flu or sore throat, maybe, but I don't remember being hospitalized this year at all.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A white suit. A full-scale stage illusion. Maybe even the Shanghai Shackles. Outside of magic, well... a new PSP? Of course, it just replaced my old one...

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My Beloved! This year was a turning point for our relationship, and everyone can see how much she has endeavored to make this relationship work.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

People who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions and choose to pin the blame elsewhere. People who have betrayed the confidence I've placed in them. People whose name I simply cannot even mention because thinking about it already depresses me again.

14. Where did most of your money go?

New stuff for my shows, food, and taxis...

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Three things... Laughs And Gasps, the Rick Astley Concert, and seeing My Beloved after two months of not being able to see her.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

I'll give you ten, actually...

- Sweet And Low, by Augustana
- Thunder, by Boys Like Girls
- Bittersweet, by Sara Bareilles
- Better In Time, by Leona Lewis
- Akala, by Parokya Ni Edgar
- Saludo, by 6 Cycle Mind
- I'm Yours, by Jason Mraz
- Now Or Never, from High School Musical 3
- Never Gonna Give You Up, by Rick Astley
- Cry For Help, by Rick Astley

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

- Happier or Sadder? Happier. I met lots of new friends who are really awesome, and for the most part, kept the old ones.

- Richer or Poorer? Richer, though still not liquid.

- Thinner or Fatter? Fatter. Significantly so. Oh, well.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

- Exercise. I definitely needed that to keep myself from getting this fat.
- Watch videos and learn sleights. I guess next year's a good opportunity for me.
- Playtest. This was a so-so year for my M:TG career.
- Watch movies.
- Travel. Not enough money.
- Save. I spent too much money.
- Spend time with my Beloved.
- PLURK

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

- Spend money.
- Eat.
- Procrastinate
- PLURK! =P

20. How did you spend the holidays?

Just spent it alone, for the most part. My brother was in Thailand with my mom, and my Beloved was in Japan.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Two years with my Beloved. That speaks for itself. =)

22. How many one-night stands?

Straight edge, remember? That includes casual sex. :P

23. What was your favorite TV program?

WWE RAW and Smackdown? I really don't think I watched much TV, if at all.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Maybe they hate me, but I don't hate them. I just can't hate anyone, truth be told. Not in my nature.

25. What was the best book you read?

“A Lion's Tale”, by Chris Jericho. To be honest, I didn't read too many books. But I also read lots of philosophy books for school. Riveting stuff, lol.

26. What was your favorite film of this year?

“The Dark Night” is the only thing that comes to mind...

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Err... what fashion concept? You mean the white suit? Lol.

28 Whom did you miss?

My Beloved. We hardly ever see each other, sadly. Nobody else comes close in that department.

29. Who was the best new person you met?

Rick Astley. 'Nuf said. He's not strictly “new”, but it's the first time I met him... heh.

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Never say never. For better or for worse, you can never say never. Sometimes, the people who you think the most of can turn out to be quite disappointing. Sometimes, the people you take for granted could actually be awesome people.

No comments: