Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Marked For All Time...

.:Today's LSS...:.

The whole day, this song was stuck in my head. Can't get it out. Agghh.

One Last Cry
by Brian McKnight

My shattered dreams and broken heart
Are mending on the shelf
I saw you holding hands, standing close to someone else
Now I sit all alone wishing all my feeling was gone
I gave my best to you, nothing for me to do
But have one last cry

Chorus:
One last cry, before I leave it all behind
I've gotta put you outta my mind this time
Stop living a lie
I guess I'm down to my last cry

Cry......

I was here, you were there
Guess we never could agree
While the sun shines on you
I need some love to rain on me
Still I sit all alone, wishing all my feeling was gone
Gotta get over you, nothing for me to do
But have one last cry

Chorus:
One last cry, before I leave it all behind
I've gotta put you outta my mind this time
Stop living a lie
I know I gotta be strong
Cause round me life goes on and on and on
And on.....

I'm gonna dry my eyes
Right after I had my
One last cry

Chorus:
One last cry, before I leave it all behind
I've gotta put you outta my mind for the very last time
Been living a lie
I guess I'm down
I guess I'm down
I guess I'm down...
To my last cry...


.:Sometimes, We're As Good As Our Last Act...:.

People have a tendency to remember bad impressions and forget about good. If you don't believe me, think about the many times where all it takes to spoil a friendship is one mistake, no matter how many good turns you've handed out before it got to that point.

Because really, all it takes is one mistake. Doesn't matter how many times you make it on time. The one time you're late, they now think that you're *always* late. Doesn't matter how calm you are. The one time you lose your temper, you are labeled as a firebrand. Doesn't matter what you've done your entire life. Doesn't matter how hard you've worked to earn your keep, the integrity you've built up and established. Your one moment of being "out of character" becomes your defining moment, and believe me, it's one of the worst things you could ever experience, to be judged one way when you know in your heart you're the exact other way.

I guess I got to thinking about this when I realized thanks to WWE.com that up to now, the name "Chris Benoit" is taboo.

Never mind that he was one of the best entertainers of all time. Let's forget everything else he has done and judge his life by the tragic double-murder suicide that he perpetrated.

That whole mess certainly has left a bad taste in my mouth to this day, and I still am on the fence whether or not this is the right thing to do. Up to now, the WWE pretends Benoit never existed. Even on their Royal Rumble page, they purposely left out the 2004 recap, since Benoit won that particular event.

In the end, it's also a good time to ask ourselves... what kind of legacy have we been building? Are we going to squander it all away at the end of everything?

Think about it.

No comments: