Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm Drained...

.:I Don't Know What Else To Say...:.

I've been trying to blog the whole day, but it's like trying to draw blood from a stone.

So instead of going to bed early, here I am again, typing in the dead of night. Addiction to Yugioh GX Tag Force 3 has taken up most of my time, not to mention the fact that I've been so occupied with a lot of stuff as well, and my only respite is the fact that I don't have classes until Friday, after our oral exams with Dr. Reyes this past week.

When you look back at the years that have gone by, my worst blogging year was 2006. This was the year I ended up losing someone who was once very dear to me.

If god willing, I survive these coming days, weeks, months, years, or lifetime, then I suppose 2009 will not be very far behind as far as terrible output is concerned.

I don't know what else to say. Really, I don't. My life the past few weeks has been rather uninteresting, to say the least, and other than the Campus Aircheck Batch 5 reunion, there was next to nothing I could look back to and feel exceedingly happy about. Especially not now that I seem to be just overwhelmed with an unbearable feeling that I've really underachieved for the past five years...

.:That Sinking, Lonely Feeling...:.

While I have worked hard, and am underway to finishing my Masters, I think it's too much to expect that this means much to me in the long run. I feel that I've had too many dalliances, especially in the past couple of years, all based on the passing hope that investing too much in a career at this point would restrict my flexibility to migrate if a certain situation called for me to do it.

Well, now, I seem to be paying for it dearly. I feel that in the five years since I've finished college, I've completely underachieved, and have next to nothing to show for it. With all due respect to magic and the art, it has nothing to do with four years of education in College, nor does it guarantee me a long-lasting career, what with the unpredictable waxing and waning of the demand in the market for people like me. My choices in the media industry haven't been stellar, either, having picked the wrong option twice, choosing WAVE over QTV-11, then choosing a particular station over another and having the format die on me mid-stream.

So now, I don't have much to show for it, and I'm a tad affected that this is the case. I don't know how much I have left in the tank to make it through...

.:Best. Cover. Ever.:.



Even if "Mad" may just soon be a song in the distant past for me pretty soon, this was definitely one of the best versions I've ever heard...

No comments: