Friday, September 12, 2008

Quick Rundown...

.:Nerdy Fanboying...:.

Last schoolyear, Mr. Calasanz introduced us to a certain man named Jean-Luc Marion. He seemed to be a student of Emmanuel Levinas, so it was natural for us to assume that Professor Marion, the Philosopher, would be very old and most likely no longer alive.

At this year's COMIUCAP in Manila, we just discovered that not only was Professor Marion still alive, but he was also the keynote speaker for the first day!

Needless to say, I just had to be there. Not only is his expertise on Levinas essential for my thesis, I actually found myself fanboying over him ever since I encountered his writing in class.

Fanboy that I am, over lunch, I bravely approached him...

"Professor Marion? I know this is very embarrassing of us to ask, but may we have a picture taken with you?"

He scratched his head in bewilderment, but was kind enough to oblige us.

I am hopeless, hopeless, hopeless. Heh.

.:Still To Come...:.

- The awesome CPK event.
- Hanging out at Bo's Coffee.
- A picture or two from the gig last weekend.
- Being on air on RT the other day, and another radio station comes a-callin'...
- Hosting the PBA Press Launch last Monday.
- Spending time with Mark and Diane throughout the weekend.
- Weird hot flashes involving MB.

No comments: