Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CPK, Diablo II... Oh, My!

.:In The Middle Of Chaos...:.

So while I am admittedly incredibly delinquent with a lot of my blog posts, I have to say that one of the recent things that happened to me that stands out quite a bit would have to be the California Pizza Kitchen event for bloggers last September 10.

Of course, most of the usual suspects such as Juned and Byahilo were accounted for, but the host for that night, RJ Ledesma, was really cool, and I can't believe this was the first time I met him. I even ran into Mr. Brad Geiser himself, and after meeting and greeting the awesome bloggers in CPK, we were then treated to a "Make Your Own Pizza" challenge, as the bloggers were given a quick history lesson about CPK.

It's amazing, really. When you think about the history of a restaurant like CPK, you'd never think that they really clawed their way up the ladder, having been started as a business venture by lawyers Rick Rosenfield and Larry Flax, and they've been rather famous for making non-traditional pizzas, such as Thai Chicken, Jamaican Jerk, and other similar pizzas. This is the place for those who are adventurous with their pizzas.

While we were drinking in the short history lesson, we took a gander at the pizzas: they were definitely tasty-looking, to say the least. The pizzas score points for presentation, and while we were all anticipating the chance to make our pizzas, the other bloggers who managed to have their turn first were generous enough to share their own creations with everyone else who was there.

Admittedly, I'm notorious for being very photo-scarce when it comes to these events, but I'm sure the other bloggers have great pictures of this event as is, to say the least. At the same time, I wanted to talk about how great the food was, and really just recommend it to everyone. I know I'm not a food blogger, but I love to eat, and I'm the kind of guy who loves to try anything new. CPK did not fail to deliver.

Oh, by the way, I came back a few days later with My Beloved in tow, as we ate there again in Glorietta last Friday. We ordered the 5-cheese pizza and the Wild Mushroom pizza. While CPK is well-known for their non-traditional pizzas, let me tell you right now that their traditional pizzas are excellent works of art all the same. :)

So next time you have a pizza craving, make it CPK! You won't regret it.

.:Revisiting Diablo II... Yet Again!:.

Unbelievable, I know, but here I am, still playing Diablo II after all these years. After finally finding people to multiplayer with, I must say that it's an excellent chance for me to really just cut loose and abuse my Level 77 Sorceress, since she's pretty much tanking for the entire party behind me, who are at Level 40 at best.

This game is sooo addicting, and Diablo III coming out by next year is just making me drool for more. Item-hunting is so much fun!

No comments: