Friday, January 11, 2008

I Am Actually Hopeful...

.:There's Hope For Television Yet!:.

Well, despite the grating, annoying feud between ABS-CBN and GMA-7 at this point, the appeal of the new shows GMA is coming up with in the next few months is actually pretty high to me.

Sure, I might find myself disappointed in the end, but I honestly think that the new soap opera starring Robin Padilla looks promising, and he's always a guilty pleasure to watch, what with his unapologetically smarmy personality coupled with his inherent nice-guy goofiness, despite being formerly known as the "Bad Boy" of Philippine Movies.

While that's entertaining, I really am more stoked about the prospect of a Darna + Captain Barbell crossover. I know it's not going to be the case that I'd see Angel Locsin and Richard Gutierrez together, but crossovers never fail to make me mark out, seriously.

.:But Then, The Clunkers...:.

I'm seriously disappointed in Marimar right now. While watching it, I feel my intelligence being insulted by the way they try to use the most contrived twists I've ever seen.

You see, Angelika, Katrina Halili's character, was inadvertently shot while trying to save Marimar from a drive-by shooter. She suffers a coma and nearly dies, but recovers soon enough. The problem is, this was all apparently her plan, making me completely throw my suspension of disbelief down the drain. How could someone plan to be shot non-fatally in a drive-by?!? It just defies logic and common sense, and truly makes an opportunity for character development a complete waste.

Meh. I've about had it with this already... I'm watching Marimar with a lot of trepidation from now on.

.:Catching Up:.

Thursday's class with Dr. Kaelin was very interesting. We had a lot of amusing discussions, and the repeated use of the "f" word in our class by one of my classmates was cause for amusement.

Equally amusing though was when I stepped out to ask some noisy passers-by to keep quiet, because seeing me in a uniform made them think I was definitely a teacher in Ateneo as well. Amusing, to say the least.

.:It's The Best Time To Buy From E-Bay...:.

... well, particularly if you're like me.

You see, I still play Magic: The Gathering, and I do have my eyes set on some Power 9 for myself. Needless to say, I certainly would like to get my hands on a few moxen and the like, and even if the dollar price of the cards haven't risen at all, these cards get cheaper by the day.

When I bought my Black Lotus, it was around 50 to a dollar or so. This was a bit over a year ago. Now, the peso is fast approaching 40 pesos, and the trend is the Peso is still getting stronger and stronger. This means that my Black Lotus, purchased at $600, is practically 6,000 pesos cheaper now, if I bought it today, which is pretty staggering when you think about it.

And there are lots of ways to transact for e-bayers now. There are many ways to Send Money to the Philippines Online, and this is one of the best ways to do it, for sure.

No comments: