Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sad Goodbyes... Optimistic Hopes

.:We’ll Miss You…:.

To three of my students, D, C, and L, we’ll be missing you guys. Hopefully, when you’re back in Korea and making it big there, you won’t forget us here.

To D, you were awfully quiet in class, but everything you did, you did in earnest. You knew what your weaknesses were, and you kept pressing on to better yourself as the months went by. I can’t tell you enough how great it is knowing that you have what it takes to make it.

To C, while I often picked on you jocularly in class, you took it in stride as a challenge to show that you’re a great person nobody should ever look past. For every single time I had something negative to say about you, I found a thousand good things to say about you. Your sheer determination of stepping beyond what people box you in is an admirable trait very few people possess.

To L, you are the bright ray of sunshine in the class. From the first day where you gave myself and your class an “awwwww…” moment, I knew you were someone to look out for. One of the most affectionate people I will ever meet, your personality can open doors nobody thought could ever be opened, and I can’t tell you enough how optimistic I am that you will be blazing a trail wherever you go when your time comes.

I know I didn’t spend as much time with you as the other people in school did, but I hope that somehow, I’ve helped arm you for the years to come with the values that the people around you espoused and aspired for you to possess. You guys were invaluable assets to Reedley, but in moving back to Korea, you will inevitably prove that you are invaluable assets to the rest of the world as well.

Aja!

No comments: