Monday, June 25, 2007

Dumbest. Song. Ever.

.:If You Wrote Half A Song, How Would You Fill The Gap In?:.

By making the object of your song feel the same way as you do, of course!

Here now are the lyrics to the Jennifer Lopez classic drivel entitled, "Talk About Us", and since it's not really a Lyrically Speaking Scribble, consider this just my attempt at annotating the song. Heh.

Talk About Us
by Jennifer Lopez

I saw you and fell in love
You saw me and fell in love, too
You and me; we fell in love with each other last night


O-kay. It might even end up being one-third of a song, not just one-half. I'm beginning to regret this already.

I told you I was concerned
You told me of your concerns, too


You can't get more brazen than that. She just did the trick, and now, she flagrantly does it again!

Yet and still we both decided
To make love last night
Baby, please tell me


They decide to make love? What? They had a committe with them or something?!?

CHORUS:
Where do we go from here my love
What are we doing baby
Boy you gotta let me know
Why can't we live the way we want
I want the world to know
I just gotta let it show
What do we stand to lose
If being together
Is what we choose
Oh my love
I think that we should talk
About us


You "decided" to make love last night. Deal with it. Yeesh.

Could this be a crazy dream
And if so then you're dreaming too


... and I know that I'm dreaming that you're dreaming I'm dreaming of you... see? I can make lyrics up like Jennifer Lopez! Woo-hoo!

'Cause I know for sure that
You feel the same as I do


Are you getting the drift of her song, yet?

Could it be that we could be wrong
Even though we're feeling so right


Wow! For a change of pace, she went for antonyms! Absobloodylutely brilliant!

I don't care because I know
That I want you tonight
And I know you want me too


She knows she wants you tonight. She knows you want her too. But... where do you go from there, her love? Jeebus, make up your mind!

REPEAT CHORUS

BRIDGE:
You see all my live I've waited
Waited all my life
Just to be with someone like you


Even at the bridge of the song, she still decided to use redundant lyrics. Bah Gawd, she really had only half a song!

::sighs:: I want that five minutes of my life back. This is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

1 comment:

Myx said...

Hehehe that song is from the "On the 6" album right?

it's a song full of lust and ignorance lol

but the melody is good.. :D