Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cause For Joy...

.:I've Been Finding Pictures Of Me During ToyCon...:.

I'll just post them when I get permission from the people who took the pictures, I guess.

That being said, it looks like I may be booked for three different shows soon, albeit only one of them will definitely yield monetary benefits. The rest are pure publicity grabs.

.:The Return Of The Interview Me Meme!:.

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions. (They probably won't be the same ones you see above!)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

From Markpoa:

1. If you were to have a magical mascot companion, what would it be?

I'd love to have the rabbit that you can see here:




Rabbits are so cute and so heavily associated with the lighter side of magic. While I love mentalism and its tendency to cut into the seemingly darker side of magic, I still prefer something less... occult-y as a symbol, and a rabbit is hard to top in that department.

2. What is the most magical movie you've ever seen?

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but if I stayed away from LOTR, Harry Potter, and The Prestige, I think I'd hand it to "The Illusionist", which starred Edward Norton. It was *too* magical for my tastes, in fact, as a good chunk of his effects were only achievable through CGI and the like.

3. Harry Potter: yay or nay? Why?

Yay. I'm sure the writers of Ari Potiphar would disagree, but it has gotten kids reading, and pretty much spawned an interest in books, which is sadly such a rarity in this age.

I like the Harry Potter books. I've read better books, but the whole detective aura of the entire series harkens back to the days I was still reading stuff like Encyclopedia Brown, which I must say, had a significant influence on me to this very day.

4. What language would you want to learn and be fluent in?

I have so many languages I'd want to be fluent in! To give a short list, I'd say I want to learn Korean, Fookien, Japanese, Mandarin, German, and French. If I had to pick only one, I'd say Fookien, because it scores points with my Beloved's parents. It definitely helps if they feel I'm sorta kinda Chinese.

5. Best story you've read or watched recently?

Off the top off my head, both movie and book versions of "The Prestige" have their own respective appeals. If you even remotely like magic, you have no excuse to miss out on either of them.

.:Wheeee!!!:.

Sometimes, I wonder if Rowena is Borden, because there are days where she does love me, and where are days it doesn't seem to be the case.

After practically a week, she loves me again. I can't be happier about that...

Wheee! It feels so good that I can call my Beloved by name now, too.

.:Coincidence With A Cube:.

There are 42,000,000,000,000,000,000 different configurations for a rubik's cube. Simply put, if you can see 1,000 combinations a second, and with only about a few million seconds in a year, it would take you about 30,000 years to see every single combination possible.

With these numbers, it boggles the mind how there can only be one combination to solving a cube. It becomes even more boggling when two people can come up with the exact same combination just by shuffling a cube behind their backs, as if some kind of psionic link between them exists.

This is Coinci-Cube, and you'd be loath to miss it.

And just because I feel like it, I'm embedding it here for you to see it as well...




.:Thanks, Crissey!:.

As I mentioned, I made new friends last Tuesday, as I hung out in Ateneo after class, and one of them is Crissey.

In any case, I did a bit of magic for her and the rest of the people there, and of course, one of the highlights of my routine is the now-infamous Liquid Metal, as done by Morgan Strebler. This is definitely a show-stopper, and I'd have embedded it had I asked permission from Crissey sooner.

In any case, if you want to see this awesome fork bending routine for yourself, feel free to check out the videos HERE, then HERE. Hope you jabronis like it.

And, oh, since you all know I'm not exactly the richest guy alive right now, if you want to book me for a magic show, just get in touch with me over at my e-mail, mistervader@gmail.com. I can do mentalism routines, street magic routines, even children's party routines. All you need do is ask.

No comments: