Thursday, September 15, 2005

Let's Do This...

.:Today's LSS:.

Heard this over the taxi ride to the station. Ironically, it was playing over 90.7, but I'd recognize that voice anywhere...

Regardless, I can't quite relate 100% to the lyrics.

Malamang kasi hindi naman magpapaalam ang aking kuwarto sa kanya.

Kuwarto
by Sugarfree

Naglilinis ako ng aking kuwarto
Na punong-puno ng gamit at damit
Mga bagay na hindi ko na kailangan
Nakaraan hindi na puwedeng pagpaliban

Huhuhu...huhuhu

Mga liham ng nilihim kong pag-ibig
At litrato ng kahapong maligalig
Dahan-dahan kong inipon
Ngunit ngayon kailangan ng itapon

Di ko na kayang mabuhay sa kahapon
Kaya mula ngayon, mula ngayon....

Ang jacket mong nabubulok sa sulok
Na inaalikabok na sa lungkot
May panyong ilang ulit nang niluhaan
Isang patak sa bawat beses na tayo'y nasaktan

Di ko na kayang mabuhay sa kahapon
Kaya mula ngayon, mula ngayon...

Alaala ng lumuluhang kahapon
Dahan-dahan ko na ring kinakahon
Natagpuan ko na ang tunay kong ligaya
Lumabas ako ng kuwarto't naroon siya

Magpapaalam na sa iyo ang aking kuwarto
Magpapaalam na sa iyo ang aking kuwarto
Magpapaalam na sa iyo ang aking kuwarto
Magpapaalam na sa iyo ang aking kuwarto

Magpapaalam na sa iyo...
Magpapaalam na sa iyo...
Magpapaalam na sa iyo...
Magpapaalam na sa iyo...


.:Another Meme:.

I should invent one of my own... hehehe.

Leave your name and I'll
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal.

.:On Forgiving And Forgetting:.

In Ricoeur class, we're currently talking about the difficulty of forgiveness. And I guess they're right. It's anything but easy.

Of course, there's a saying that goes, "forgive and forget", but the older and "wiser" we get, the more we realize that's codswallop. Forgiving and forgetting are two entirely different stories, each with their own difficulties one would have to deal with.

Forgiving does not equal forgetting. If anything, forgiving is remembering the transgression, but forgetting the hatred, the anger, and the pain.

I would want to go at length with these thoughts, but I think my point is clear. Even forgetting is itself an act of remembering that one forgot. That being said, forgiveness only comes in remembering. Forgiveness can only come from fault. A fault, whether perceived or genuine, is not only a shortcoming, but an opportunity for one to transcend humanity, as "To err is human, to forgive, divine" would suggest.

I guess I'm getting to the point where forgetting would seem like the easiest of answers. Just subject it all to a tranquil, peace-inducing lacuna that I would never have to come to terms with again. Ignore the problem completely and let it go away.

But inasmuch as I believe in letting sleeping dogs lie, This is quite the exceptional case. I can't just turn my back and forget. How could I? It's not my nature to just let something go when it's happening for the wrong reasons.

Maybe I'm done trying to go back to those good old days. I honestly don't know. But one thing's for sure...

... I now walk towards finding forgiveness.

No matter how long it'd take.

Inasmuch as one would hope to forget, I instead hope to be forgiven. Being forgotten does nothing for me but tell me that no matter how far forward I can move from now, all that would be naught in the eyes of the one who forgets.

For the so many things I've failed in the face of the past, I guess all I can do is that for now...

No comments: