Wednesday, May 04, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

No LJ-cut, and Lea Salonga rules.

Let The Pain Remain
by Lea Salonga

Love comes, love goes
But a certain feeling never lets me be
Somehow I know
Quite a part of me's unchanged since you've been gone
Like a sturdy tree that's seen a thousand seasons
I still shed my leaves in winter
To grow them back in spring
To welcome life again
To welcome you

So goes my life
Still believing dreams of having you around
Too bad, memories
Feed the mind and not the heart where I want you to be
So I ask myself what you have left behind for me
To go on each day to live as if
I had you once again
What else is there that's real
But all the pain that I feel?

So let the pain remain forever in my heart
For every throb it brings is
One more moment spent with you
I'll let the pain bring on the rain
If that's the only way
If there's no other way to be with you again

So goes my life
Still believing dreams of having you around
Too bad, memories
Feed the mind and not the heart where I want you to be
So I ask myself what you have left behind for me
To go on each day to live as if
I had you once again
What else is there that's real
But all the pain that I feel?

So let the pain remain forever in my heart
For every throb it brings is
One more moment spent with you
I'll let the pain bring on the rain
If that's the only way
If there's no other way to be with you again

Oooh...so let the pain remain forever in my heart
For every throb it brings is
One more moment spent with you
I'll let the pain bring on the rain
If that's the only way (if that's the only way)
If there's no other way to be with you again


.:Ten Rules In Loving Someone:.

1. That person you love right now may not be the person you will love for the rest of your life, but treat that person as though he or she were.

2. Don't build a relationship on lies. Make her know who you are from the start. Make no excuses for your shortcomings, but do your best to change for the better.

3. A relationship is only worth keeping if it makes the both of you grow to be better human beings together.

4. Don't even think about comparing who you love right now with those whom you loved in the past. You loved them for different reasons. You've had your story with them in the past. What matters now is your story with the other at this point in your lives.

5. Falling in love happens. Loving someone is a choice. Be aware of the difference.

6. If there's only one person you should learn to trust in your life, it should be that person you love. A relationship is doomed to fail if this full trust doesn't happen.

7. After the love has gone, moving on does not mean leaving behind. If for anything, be grateful to that person for having made a better human being out of you.

8. Being giddy is a good feeling that one should succumb to indulging into once in a while.

9. Learning to let go is one of the hardest lessons one has to be prepared to learn. Learning to hold on is just as hard. Learning when to do which is the hardest of all.

10. Learn how to apologize even if it's his or her fault.

.:Finally…:.

My paper, the one a few entries back, got an A- from Fr. Ferriols. It’s the Filipino entry called “Paglampas”. I’m mighty pleased he liked it enough to give it a pretty good grade.

.:As Expected…:.

Dominique’s love story made the cut in the Inquirer papers for publication. Mine, on the other hand, didn’t. I think that aside from subjective disputes over writing styles, having to mention various radio stations specifically over and over again throughout the narrative might’ve been viewed as too brand-intensive.

Whether it were published or not, I would probably have felt horrible either way, so never mind.

Sometimes, I really do question my writing abilities.

.:Reconnections:.

I went to Sacha’s house yesterday, as Carl was there. Carl’s going to leave for Bacolod for about a year sometime this week, and it would be good to talk to him in person one last time before he did.

It was pretty fun meeting him and Kat (Eric’s girlfriend.), Marco, and the other guy last night at the Chua residence. We were really talking quite a bit, and conversations went to the Phantom of the Opera and pets for the most part. Lucas seemed to be losing a lot of weight and his fur was supposedly too dry. Conversations were extremely varied as usual, and we certainly enjoyed stories about people who make @$$3$ of themselves in moviehouses and stories where people ask someone how to say something in a different language and then end up being taught cuss words. The latter topic sprung from me asking Kat to translate “hope to see you soon” into Mandarin or Fookien or Cantonese.

Kathy dropped in and talked to us, and promptly started ragging on me. Yes, I missed you too, Florence. I was given the dubious moniker of the “Maligned, evil, cheesy sleazebag” and a host of other unflattering adjectives by the end of the night. I would seriously acknowledge only “maligned” and “cheesy” among all those adjectives, for the record.

Hopefully, Carl will do well whatever happens next.

.:Neko Scratch Attack!:.

The supposed spinning practice didn’t push through as only Jeff showed up, and at ten in the evening at that. In any case, conversations (Yes, lots of gay innuendo, even.) were just being tossed around for the most part, and when talk about Sacha getting an NBI clearance came along, I promptly gave directions how to get there…

Marcelle: Just go to Avenida. Takes under an hour to get one.

Kathy: From whom? Fixers?

Marcelle: Of course not.

Kathy: Spoken like a true criminal.

While all this was happening, the pets were playing around the house, and Neko actually jumped up on my lap, which made everyone surprised, as that was awfully “sweet” of Neko to do for someone other than Sacha. I then got funny ideas, and tapped her left side while she was looking at the wall, so she naturally looked in that direction. With her turned the other way, I tapped her on her right side, so she turned in my direction, and I look at her straight in the eye and deny that it was me.

I kept this up for four or five more times, until she caught on, scratched my hand, then jumped off my lap.

Smart cat.

No comments: