Monday, February 14, 2005

.:Today’s LSS:.

Of course, this is the song to beat when it comes to Valentine’s Days…

Happy Valentine’s Day
by Trina Bellamide

It's Valentine's Day again
Chocolates and roses, dinner by candelight
But not for everybody
There'll be three less roses given away tonight
'Coz Jimmy's girl got on a plane
He tried to stop her from leaving but tried in vain
And he'd hand her three roses now
But she lives so far away
To a lonely heart, how does one say
Happy Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day again
Long-time lovers lighting the fire once more
But it's gonna be cold tonight
For someone whose lover walked right out the door
See, Anna's fighting back the tears
Broke up with her beau for nine long years
And she's throwing her dreams of walking down the aisle away
To a broken heart, how does one say
Happy Valentine's Day

Cruel, oh so cruel
Be with your lover and be glad
And if you're without a lover
Well, that's just too bad
Cruel, oh so cruel
No other day like this
Can make you long so much
For the one you miss

It's Valentine's Day again
Jay's got the flowers, but somehow it's not the same
Though he knows April's happy
'Coz all he can do is set them on her grave
It's been two years since she passed on
But somehow the pain still lingers on
And no other day can magnify it like this day
To a grieving heart, how does one say
Happy Valentine's Day

How do you say
Happy Valentine's Day


.:Lonesome:.

I didn't have Jean for company yesterday morning, so I did the show on my own. Truth be told, I found that to be rather amusing, as I mainly went and had fun with the playlist, finally getting to play “Without You” after the longest time... heh.

Today, the playlist ought to be equally interesting. We're supposed to play super slow and mushy songs due to the occasion. My specialty. It's going to be the WAVE of Hearts special.

On board right now, and I love it. Even if I’m missing $105… sigh…

.:More DVD's:.

Avenida's DVD stores are amazing. Grace and I swung by the place again yesterday, and we found a 3-in-1 DVD of Windstruck, My Sassy Girl, and 100 Days With Mr. Arrogant. We also found more Korean films like Sex Is Zero and Love's Concierto. On the Japanese side of things, we found the new Zatoichi with Beat Takeshi. Heh.

I'm loaded with films to watch... yay.

.:Stocks:.

Help! I have no idea how to run things in a stock market! This game is so addictive, but I don't know how to play too well...

.:An Eye Opener:.

A snippet of dialog from me and my friends over dinner last Thursday night...

Marcelle, pabukas mo na third eye mo!

Huwag na lang.

Alam mo namang gusto nga niyang paliitin yung mata niya para singkit, tapos pabubukas mo third eye niya?


Bwehehehehe.

.:Single Awareness Day:.

It's that time of year again when lovers get together and tell sweet nothings to each other. It's that time of year again where flower shops, confectioneries, and motels make a killing financially. It's what we've come to know as Valentine's day, or to be more politically correct, Single Awareness Day. That's S.A.D. for short.

Today is a day like no other for that man on the street who's picking up flowers to give to a special someone tonight. Today is a day like no other for that girl who got a box of chocolates from a secret admirer. Today is a day like no other for that couple walking along Sta. Mesa as the sun sets. Today is a day like no other for all of them. They are happy, they are loved, they are blessed.

Today is a day like no other for that man who is holding the engagement ring his ex-fiancee sent back to him. Today is a day like no other for that girl who only hears through the grapevine that her boyfriend of eight years now has somebody else in Canada. Today is a day like no other for that forlorn person by the cemetery, kneeling in front of the grave of his one true love. Today is a day like no other for all of them. They are broken, they are lonely, they are miserable.

Today is a day like no other for me. I know someone loves me, and I love her too. For one magical day, she is my girlfriend again. I will treasure that day, and treat it so specially, dahil alam kong may taning ang pag-ibig na ito. At the end of the day, I go back home, sad, disillusioned, and lonely. We're not apart, yet we're not together. It's the right thing to do at the time, but the occasional crossing of lines does take its toll on the both of us.

Today is a day like no other for me. I still catch myself pining for her, even though I know it's just a heartache for me waiting to happen. For this one day, I ask myself what might have been, if we actually had anything special between us, after all has been said and done. Pangarap na lang ba, o maging katotohanan pa? In the end, I can only let time reveal what is truly in store for me and her. I can only pray that I am not waiting in vain.

I've seen that side of me before: the one who wishes the best for the ones whom he cares about, even at the cost of his own happiness. Today is a day that magnifies like no other the pain such sacrifices entail.

It's Single Awareness Day today. Enjoy it to the fullest if you love someone and that someone loves you.

On the other hand, it doesn't pay to get out of bed today if you don't or they don't.

Either way, today is a day like no other. Or is it?

No comments: