Tuesday, February 01, 2005

.:Today's LSS:.

... has nothing to do with my current state of affairs, but I might just indulge in a guilty pleasure and watch this with Grace. Old habits do die hard...

Let The Love Begin
by Gino Padilla

Look at us
Ain't it funny
Is it just beginner's luck
Maybe
Ooh, with just a touch
Two different people
From such different worlds apart
Has touched each other's hearts
Like candles in the dark
So if it's time for us
We've gotta take it
Take the chance
The chance to make it

Now
Let the love begin
Let the light come shining in
Who knows where the road will lead us now
Look at what we've found
Make this moment turn our hearts around
It may never come again
Let it end
Let the love begin

Ooh..
Here we are
So close together
I can feel the fire start between us
Ooh...we've come this far
Too far to stop it now
If this is meant to be (it's meant to be)
A chance for you and me (for you and me)
We found our destiny
Now we're lookin' at a new forever
Make this dream come true together

Now
Let the love begin
Let the light come shining in
Who knows where the road will lead us now
Look at what we've found
Make this moment turn our hearts around
It may never come again
Let it end
Let the love begin

Here we are
So close together
I can feel the fire start between us
Ooh...we've come this far
Too far to stop it now
If this is meant to be (it's meant to be)
A chance for you and me (for you and me)
We found our destiny
Now we're lookin' at a new forever
Make this dream come true together

Now
Let the love begin
Let the light come shining in
Who knows where the road will lead us now
Look at what we've found
Make this moment turn our hearts around
It may never come again (never come again)
Let it end
Let the love begin


.:BR Chapter II:.

Is now up to V1.1. Will have to upload the file next time, though. Some key changes made here and there...

.:Successfully Depressed:.

I can't believe how much of a hold my best friend apparently has on my emotions.

Here I am, looking so optimistic about the things I'm currently going through, and yet she, in all her bitterness, just managed to successfully depress me.

I'd like to think that despite all my shortcomings, I wasn't exactly a horrible boyfriend. At the same time, I'd like to think that there is no need for Grace and I to despise one another and to be bitter over recent events.

I'm depressed not because things are bad between Grace and me. It's fairly clear that they're not. I'm depressed because when I turn to someone whom I thought would care, I instead end up being completely chewed out for no apparent reason.

That being said, I'd like to thank Clair and Sacha for hearing me out yesterday. There was no need for them to give advice. Simply being there for me was good enough, no doubt.

.:I Don't Think So...:.

Grace was feeling bad that I might just court someone else soon.

Let me say this categorically: no, I don't think so.

Give me some credit, please. I'm not quite as cutthroat as people seem to assume... ::sighs::

.:Pakikipaglaro Kay Kamatayan:.

This is actually going to be my paper for Dr. Miroy's class, as we were supposed to have a reflection paper on the film “The Seventh Seal”. That being said, I suppose I should do it in the vernacular again. Oh. The movie sucked, by the way.

Sa aking panonood ng pelikula noong Huwebes, tila napaisip ako ukol sa katotohanang lahat ng tao ay may taning sa buhay. Kahit na gaano kalusog, kahit na gaano kasagana, darating at darating ang sandaling papanaw din tayo. Nakakabahala man isipin ang ganitong bagay, hindi pa rin maaaring itanggi na totoo ang pangyayaring ito, sa ayaw at sa gusto natin.

Sa pelikula noong Huwebes, ang
“Seventh Seal”, may isang bahagi ng pelikulang binibigyan ng higit na pansin: ang paglalaro ng bida at ni Kamatayan ng chess, na naging gitna ng mga pangyayari sa buong pelikula. Marahil, masasabi nating isang simbolismo ang paglalaro ng dalawa, ngunit makikita natin kaagad kung gaano kahalaga ang simbolismong ito sa ating masusing pagtingin sa katotohanang hindi maaaring maiwasan ang mortalidad ng isang tao. Iyan ang isa sa tatlong siguradong bagay sa buhay: pagkapanganak kamatayan, at buwis.

Marahil madaling itanggi ang ating mortalidad sa maraming mga paraan, maging ang pagpapa-opera ng ating mukha upang magmistulang bata muli, o di kaya ang araw-araw na pag-eehersisyo upang sumigla ang katawan. Kahit na ano pa ang ating gawin, aabot at aabot din si Kamatayan sa atin, at hindi natin maitatanggi na darating ang panahon na hindi na kayang itanggi ang ating mortalidad at papanaw din ang ating katawan.

Nakakalungkot isipin, ngunit sa kabilang dako, isa rin itong konsuwelo. Sa dulo ng lahat ng ating mga pagdadaanan sa buhay, may huling hantungan din tayo, at hindi tayo patuluy-tuloy na lamang sa pag-iral nating wala man lamang alam na hahantungan.

Kung titingnan ang kamatayan bilang isang paghihimlay at hindi isang paghihiwalay, mas maaring makita ang halaga ng pagkakaroon ng taning sa buhay. Itinuturing ang imortalidad bilang isang sumpa at hindi isang biyaya. Marahil, sa nakikita natin kahit man lamang sa mga pelikula o aklat, malinaw kung bakit itinuturing na sumpa at hindi biyaya ang pagkakaroon ng pisikal na buhay na walang malinaw na katapusan.

Hindi naman pala ganoon kasama ang mamatay.

No comments: