Friday, December 10, 2004

.:Today's LSS:.

I love this song. Jason Mraz is teh man.

The Remedy
by Jason Mraz

I saw fireworks from the freeway
And behind closed eyes I cannot make them go away
'Cause you were born on the fourth of july, freedom ring
Now something on the surface it stings
I said something on the surface
Well it kind of makes me nervous
Who says that you deserve this
And what kind of god would serve this?
We will cure this dirty old disease
If you've got the poison I've got the remedy


The remedy is the experience.
This is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that it's serious.
This is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how you're gonna spend
The rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends
When it all amounts to nothing in the end.


I won't worry my life away.

I won't worry my life away.


I heard two men talking on the radio
In a cross fire kind of reality show
Uncovering the ways to plan the next big attack
They were counting down the ways to stab
The brother in the be right back after this
The unavoidable kiss, where the minty fresh
Death breath is sure to outlast this catastrophy
Dance with me, because if you've got the poison,
I've got the remedy

The remedy is the experience.
This is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that it's serious.
This is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how you're gonna spend
The rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends
When it all amounts to nothing in the end.


I won't worry my life away.

I won't worry my life away.


When I fall in love I take my time
There's no need to hurry when I'm making up my mind
You can turn off the sun but I'm still gonna shine and I'll tell you why

Because

The remedy is the experience.
This is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that it's serious.
This is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how you're gonna spend
The rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends
When it all amounts to nothing in the end.

I won't worry my life away.

I won't worry my life away.

I won't and I won't and I won't


.:I Should Be In Bed:.

I can't believe that I went to school only to end up cutting all my classes because I was too sick to attend any of them at all. Considering the fact that my mom is all set to get married to my stepdad (Legally.) this weekend, and considering that I'm one of the emcees, I have no choice but to really convalesce today, lest I aggravate my current bad state.

I'm beginning to feel a lot happier, though. My worries about the camera are becoming less and less urgent, and I'm beginning to realize that there's really no point in worrying my life away. Nonetheless, I am definitely grateful to Grace for taking very good care of me yesterday when I dropped by her house. If I didn't go there, I would've been liable to simply still go to class today, as Fr. Ferriols will be having his long test on Metaphysics on Monday already, so I need all the reviewing I can get...

Grace really took good care of me, to say the least. I guess it just proves all the same why she'd definitely make a great doctor when her time comes. She really took the time out to look after me while I was gasping for breath due to my asthma, and she even gave me the Vicks Vaporub treatment...

It's funny what their maid suggested as a cure for my asthma, though... to roast a lizard that's kissing the ground. What is it with these people and their superstitious cures, anyways? Still, I know they just meant well, and I appreciate that.

.:Lovers In Paris:.

If you don't know this show, I'll try my best to not get you lost while I talk about it.

Grace was all giddy while watching last night's episode, and I can't really blame her for being so...

The thing is, the episode was about Carlo and Vivian having their first date, and how Carlo was being uber-sweet in an attempt to both cater to Vivian's dreams about how a date should be, and then annoy her all the same by following it to the letter. For instance, the way they were holding hands was so mechanical it was funny... Carlo refused to let go of her hand and used his off hand to get his wallet from his inside breast pocket in his suit. He subsequently attempts to use his teeth to get the money...

At the same time, he then plays out this scenario where he would end up crying emotionally and naturally hug Vivian along the way. The way he did it was funny, and it was a sneaky way to steal a hug, to say the least.

On the other hand, Carlo's nephew, Martin (Oh, good gawd. Now I realize why I can relate.), also likes Vivian. However, on the outside of things, it clearly looks like Carlo has the advantage over Martin, and the latter views the former as a rival for Vivian's heart. Of course, Vivian is currently leaning in favor of Carlo, but who knows? That might change, for all we know.

I don't know, but I somewhat relate to the whole storyline, although I am not really in a “rivalry” with anyone, officially speaking. Nonetheless, it still gets me to thinking about how some people just really care about other people enough for them to willingly sacrifice their own happiness in hopes of making the object of their affection happy. It gives a warm, fuzzy feeling to me sometimes, until I realize that sacrificing my own happiness, even for people who aren't really objects of my affection, is something I do too often.

But that's a thought for another day, really. Right now, all I can say is that this show is really a great show, and it can make even fairly jaded and cynical people like myself actually feel giddy every once in a while.

.:Capcom vs. SNK:.

It looks like I've developed a reputation for playing a mean Benimaru Nikaido in Capcom vs. SNK, such that he's practically my Level 3 character already, because of how annoying my playstyle can get with him. I enjoy fighting against this gay player in Galleria, because we tend to converse a bit in the middle of the game, and I discovered that he works in a Call Center, and he was pretty surprised about the reason why I'm usually in the Ortigas area...

In any case, it's just one of those small joys in life that I really can't help but take notice of.

.:Bed-ridden:.

Spent most of the day just at home, convalescing, as was the plan. I just revisited my old Diablo II game and then let my Assassin get a couple more levels. Afterwards, I figure I could start with my reviewing for my two long tests coming up. I’m still a bit feverish, but not quite as dangerously sick as I was yesterday.

Looks like other people I know are also sick… Cami seems to have what I have, barring asthma, and including someone to take care of her. ;)

.:Whoah:.

Apparently, the guy who started Xango worldwide is here in the Philippines right now, in hopes of helping finally launch the company here. Inasmuch as this is big news, I still don't know how to tell my friend who's recruiting me that I'm really out now. I don't see the need to stick around with Xango any longer, given how I've only successfully recruited only one person over the time I tried. Only goes to show how difficult it would be for me to expand my network, and further emphasizes that I suck at network marketing... heh.

.:Mikko J:.

... was reportedly seen by yours truly executing some prosperity dance steps.

... at the same time, Jason's undergrad friends have made a little gossip corner in the white board on Hobby Haven. Now isn't that interesting? Heh.

.:Dylan Thomas!:.

Dylan Thomas was a jock in 939 KCFM, who used to go under the name Captain Turk. The thing is, his show came after Chico and Delle's, which meant it was fairly often that I'd see him whenever I would drop by the old KC station before the massive reformatting that happened to KC (Now known as I-FM.).

I was really on good terms with Dylan. He knew me mainly by my codename there, Mister Vader, and he was very nice to me all throughout the times I would run into him. Simply put, Dylan was someone who could really be a friend and not just a jock you run into after Chico and Delle's time slot.

That being said, I saw him yesterday, and surprise, surprise, he's now taking Masters in Communications. I talked to him a bit, and then he was a bit surprised about me now being in Philosophy (I get that all the time.), but he wasn't too surprised but rather pleased that I'm now working as a jock in WAVE. It's really interesting, to say the least. Years ago, I was just hanging around KCFM, hobnobbing with the jocks. Now, I'm working as one. He knows how much I wanted to be one for the longest time, and now, here I am, living out my dreams, simple dreams though they may be (Teaching and being a jock.).

So now, I know that I'll see him around often enough. I got his cell number, and we're going to more or less keep in touch with one another. This is a great development, to say the least...

.:The Unrequited Series®:.

The series of stories involving Martin, Paul, and Geneva is something I've come to label as “The Unrequited Series”. It started off with the triple-POV flashfic entitled “Three's A Crowd, Two's Company, One's Misery”. It really set the tone for who was who in the storyline, and what motivates them along the way.

This was followed by “Torn”, which contained an alternate ending that I decided to ignore because people didn't really appreciate the deceptive nature of the alternate ending (Though I know Jason did...). It fulfilled its role in establishing Martin's desire to love Geneva coming into conflict with his principles.

Afterwards, I wrote “The Run-In”, which was a fictitious chat transcript between Martin and Paul and Geneva, towards the end of the piece. It more or less became clear at this point why “Unrequited” was the word I chose to reflect the tone of the whole series.

The last one in the series (Thus far.) was entitled “Pick Up”, which was a conversation between Martin and Geneva, who was on an answering machine. This, I believe, really put the whole story at a crossroad, because stories from now on would have to deal with Martin's revelation or make him further hide to himself, thus marring his friendships with Paul and Geneva. At the same time, if there would be any characters beyond the three, the next story would be the perfect one to introduce them.

Like most things I write, I dig up all these notions and sentiments from real life. Inasmuch as this is the case, the stories are still fictional and do not necessarily reflect a definite correspondence to real life. Otherwise, there should be at the very least a fourth character in the storyline and it shouldn't be limited to three.

Nonetheless, I take an immense deal of pride in this story series. I know it's not really going to end up as a classic or something, but well, I know that some people who read the series so far did appreciate what I've churned out so far.

I just don't know where to take this storyline at this point, which explains the lack of further pieces. This is not because of a lack of ideas, but mainly because of the temptation to add new characters to the whole scheme of things and make the whole “Unrequited” idea as a recurring theme in more than just a singular character.

Ideas? I highly doubt my writing is so bad that people simply refuse to see another installment to this relatively long-running story fragment series of mine...

.:The Top Ten People I'm Most Grateful To This Year:.

It's time for me to continue thanking people who really made a difference in my life this year. I ended at number eight, so without further ado...

7: The Jess. How could I forget? Madame Jess has been that person who seems to know how to read my every move and sentiment as though I were an open book. I can't help but realize that few people I know of can read me better than Madame Jess can, and this impeccable ability of hers has resulted in countless times where her help was invaluable because I'd realize she'd prolly be the only one who'd understand my predicament.

I'm very grateful to The Jess for being such a great friend to me, and for simply being there when I needed someone to hear me out. I realize I'm the kind of person who really has mood swings that are more unpredictable than a drunk Britney Spears, and for Madame Jess to be able to tolerate me the way she does every now and then that I ask her to is something I sincerely appreciate.

Madame Jess, thank you for the friendship, and for being able to put up with me the way you manage to. I'm glad to realize that there's someone like you whom I can count on in a pinch. Rest assured I'm here to return the favor any time you would need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I come here by hazard, but I was hooked! your writting is amazing. I will return to see if you can maintain the good job :-))
Jeff - nail fungus