Monday, November 22, 2004

I'll see about fixing this post up when I have the time...

.:Today's LSS:.

Walk On By
by Gabrielle

If you see me walking down the street
And I start to cry each time we meet
Walk on by, walk on by
Make believe that you don't see the tears
Just let me grieve in private
'Cause each time I see you I break down and cry
Walk on by (don't stop)
Walk on by (don't stop)
And walk on by

I just can't get over losing you
And so if I seem broken and blue
Walk on by, walk on by
Foolish pride, that's all that I have left
So let me hide the tears and the sadness
You gave me when you said goodbye
Walk on by (don't stop)
Walk on by (don't stop)
Walk on by (don't stop)
Walk on

Walk on by, walk on by
Foolish pride, that's all that I have left
So let me hide the tears and the sadness
You gave me when you said goodbye
Walk on by (don't stop)
Walk on by (don't stop)
Now you really gotta go so walk on by (don't stop)
Baby leave me, never see the tears I cry (don't stop)
Now you really gotta go so walk on by (don't stop)
Baby leave me, never see the tears I cry (don't stop)
Now you really gotta go so walk on by (don't stop)
Baby leave me, never see the tears I cry (don't stop)


.:Rushed!:.

After three or so years, Chico and Delamar finally gave in to popular demand and hosted a Tea Party for the Rushers. It was a really great thing, to begin with, as I haven't seen a few Rushers I know of in such a long time, so running into them was nothing short of great.

After a short visit to JayBee in DWLS, I went to Eastwood last Saturday night to get to the Tea Party at around six in the evening. The usual people like Raymund and Selwyn were there, but I was especially elated to see Pepperoni after how many years. It was really great running into her again, although I wasn't too surprised to see her with her boyfriend there. Those guys have been together even longer than Grace and I have been...

In any case, Chico and Delamar were really having fun at the party, as they met quite a few of the Rushers that they always wanted to meet. I managed to answer their question about when the Morning Rush officially began, which netted me a Twinings gift pack. Nonetheless, it was great to be there, and to see the dynamic duo having the time of their lives, despite the inevitable stress of organizing the whole deal. It was all good, to say the least.

Not much otherwise for me. I just caught up with some of the Rushers there, especially Joti, whom I missed speaking to in quite a while. It was funny that she replied she was working for Pegasus when she was asked where she works, though. People who know how Joti looks like are bound to get a laugh out of that.

All in all, despite the rain canceling South Border among other things, and the mediocre bands who at least covered great songs nonetheless, I figure that this year's Tea Party was a success. I just hope this is an annual event again from now on... wishful thinking, but maybe, right?

I'm just glad I didn't run into anyone who could potentially ruin my time there, though. I had fun trying to talk about a certain someone around Selwyn, though. I can tell he really has issues... heh.

.:Blind Item:.

A certain professor is rumored to be batting for the other team but restrains himself with great difficulty. In short, he’s still hiding in the closet.

However, after a frustrating bout with silent students in a class that simply refuses to recite, he decided to make manifest his displeasure with the class…

… by gyrating his hips in frustration.

Yes, you read that right.

Who is this professor? My lips are sealed.

.:That's Incredible!:.

I am making a movie review of the Incredibles. I'm exceedingly stressed out right now, but I will make sure that I'd make one by tomorrow. Lots of literary backlog for me, in fact... let's run down a checklist for me:

1. Movie Review- The Incredibles
2. Poems- Inhuman, Un-, Re-.
3. Story Fragments- Wrap up Vindication, continue the “Unrequiem” series.

I realize I should do at least one of them right now, but I simply can't. I'm too stressed out right now. The only consolation for today was speaking to Grace and another friend of mine, April. Nonetheless, this was an exceedingly stressful weekend, and I’m still as stressed right now while I’m here inside the booth trying to get my bearings…

No comments: