Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Sigh... Again...

.:I Hate This...:.

From the top, Marcelle. Stupid comp decided to hang on you at the worst possible moment... goodbye long post...

.:Disoriented:.

So I have class tonight until nine in the evening... afterwards, I then go off and...

Oh, right. That's now a thing of the past.

No more passing by her department just to bug her about the Da Vinci Code. No more late night dinners, engaging in intelligent conversation and meaningful dialogue. No more checking up on her during the day to wonder how her classes have turned out. No more wondering whether or not she finally managed to finish Happy Hopper Wild on Center Mode to cap off her afternoon.

Yes, things, will no longer be quite the same without my friend around that way. But then again, with each passing moment, things never really remain the same, anyways...

.:Getting The Hang Of Things:.

As mentioned earlier, with all the intros and extros I've been doing, my rapport with George has gotten significantly better. Even sir Joe liked my last "ad lib" (I still had a script on me for it, truth be told.). Still, I'm glad that George has been giving me a lot of confidence during the show, as her surefootedness in asking me to do this or that helps.

We even talked about fire dancing... heh. It was fun.

We've had a very smooth boardwork today, and I can only hope that things steadily improve for me, as there's still lots of room for improvement. More on that later...

.:Finally Out Of The Closet:.

We now know who Karel's secret admirer is: it's Lee, the artist. Apparently, the guy is a model for other stuff as well, as he apparently is the winner for the 2003 Mossimo Bikini Summit. Now, considering how this guy just reeks of gayness, one must wonder if he won for wearing a bikini... ah, well.

.:Brutal Honesty:.

Moments like these make me glad that my boss is Joe D Mango and not Louie D, who would bite my head off while talking to me like this...

Apparently, aside from the previous reasons given to me, sir Joe took me off the morning show because he felt I wasn't ready for it yet, and that I wasn't focused enough during the mornings. Given my other preoccupations during the morning, I guess he has a valid point there.

I wanted to go back to my old schedule simply because I built my schedule around 6-9 in the morning, and all of a sudden, I was being thrown to a less convenient sched, running the risk of being late and all for my classes. Still, sir Joe didn't relent, and gave me the "one must make sacrifices for the love of the business" speech, and while I get his point about trying to improve myself if I wanted to get anywhere in the business.

To make matters more complicated (Not necessarily worse.), he suggested a schedule change that still elicits a mixed reaction from me...

He wants me to try being partners with Robbie every 1-3 in the afternoon, Mondays and Wednesdays, in addition to my regular schedule with George. Now, that's a bit inconvenient (Might have to shunt back and forth ADMU and Strata.), but I don't mind. It's just that I feel that the listeners might not like the inconsistent schedule, as he'd rather I do two and a half hours with George every week than go back to my old timeslot, as he feels that they took enough of a gamble to get this neophyte into their company and train him on air instead of off-air that they cannot risk putting me on prime time anymore...

It does deflate the ego a bit, but better than having my head bitten off, I suppose. I guess I understand why he thinks I should feel honored to be given this much trust so early on in my career...

Well, I can only try and do better.

No comments: