Thursday, August 05, 2004

Sigh... Again And Again...

.:I Tried To Be Productive…:.

… But apparently, the binary god refused to. There go my ideas about my paper, about Heraclitus, and then the hypothetical (There’s that word again.) possibility of saving Socrates from the hemlock if Plato managed to elucidate about the world of Eidos before he was convicted…

.:A Word Of Wisdom:.

Sir Jon, I'm off to Seeker, then to meet up with the usual suspect.

Good luck. On second thought, not too much luck.

But I want to get lucky... ::winks::

Not too much luck, Marcelle. Remember the mesotes.


.:Seeking The Seeker:.

On the way to Ayala, I ran into Ram, formerly of Radio 1. Ah, well. It was nice talking to him, really. He more or less concurred with me on the persona of a certain on-air personality in RX. I guess I have proof for my “allegations” then.

Cyril and I met up soon after, and we were supposedly going to go to meet up with the editor-in-chief of Seeker Magazine, in order for him to scan some images of some RAW Deal cards I have just so he can show them for the magazine in the near future. Unfortunately, he completely forgot about meeting up with me, so by the time we got there, we were hoping that someone just played a sick prank on him, because the door was locked from the outside by padlocks, which essentially meant we wasted our time for the most part...

Cyril and I have been talking about Magic quite extensively, although what surprised me was that he had no idea what the Trinistax deck is all about. Ah, well. I'm sure he'd find out for himself soon enough...

.:Taunted:.

So it wasn't long before the both of us got to Sacha's house, and at that point, we started talking to her about random stuff. It's been nearly five years or so since Cyril last went to Sacha's house, and they were mostly having some talks here and there about people like Carlou and how I was being reputed to have been digging up too much information about history lessons and all. It was all good, really, although I felt a bit sorry for Sach as she burned her hair the night before while spinning some pois. Ah, well. That's too bad for her... but she had a haircut to work on it shortly afterwards...

While things were okay for the most part, she then started taunting me about something. I was riding along with her, as I felt honestly happy for her, as I felt she was genuinely happy about it, and she's in like, anyway. Fact is, just a little more, and I think she'd already be playing MU Online, soon enough. The trend of netgames...

Sach was presuming I was going to be hypothetically depressed because of what she was telling me. While she somewhat had a point, I was telling her that I wouldn't really be reacting so violently about it, as opposed to certain other people I know of. But then, apparently, some things just don't match up quite well all the time...

Every time we managed to change the subject, she apparently felt the need to bring the topic up again, in hopes of making me squirm and all. I think it's a bit frustrating that she knows how to push my buttons, yet somehow has a good range of the limits of my patience. She doesn't quite leave me any room to lash out at her if she were to go overboard, as she's been playing it safely enough to not do so...

.:Pois And Glamor:.

Apparently, I can now do a new trick with the pois. I'm really improving now, although I've been hurting myself quite a bit with all my miscued motions and all. Still, it's all good. I've been improving a lot, and I should be capable of impressing Grace when she watches me on Friday (On which I hope I could light up...)... ended up going home via taxi along with Carl and Dominique after the fact. Ah, well.

.:I Need To Review This Film...:.


It’s a kind of ma-geek.

So Sacha decided to ask everyone to watch the under-hyped yet wonderful film entitled “Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind”. I really loved this film (Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Elijah Wood, Kirsten Dunst.), as it simply made me think about the possibilities of memories being just a commodity to do away with when things aren't going too well. The cast was star-studded, and I was genuinely surprised that there wasn't enough hype for it... The roll call? Dominique, Sean, Carl, Cyril, myself, and Sacha. Again, the only rose among the thorns…

The film was great, and I’m sure to write a review for it. It’s A+ worthy in my book, if only for how deep the movie can get… to me, the film was a milestone in subtle yet powerful acting. I am left to wonder if this is Oscar material, but then again, Jim Carrey can’t quite eclipse his Truman Show and Man On The Moon stints…

In any case, the premise of the film was brilliant: a couple who ended up making a turn for the worse go for a new technology that allows them to erase each other from their memory. The struggle to forget, and the regret in hopes of keeping something to remember was simply brilliant.

Ever wanted to avail of something like that? I know I do.

.:No Idea At All:.


Not the most flattering photo, but…

The film made me start thinking about how easy it would be if I had the chance to eliminate memories from my mind. Memories that may not necessarily be bad memories per se, but those that simply incapacitate me from ever truly moving on. I really felt while watching the film that it simply is the best thing I could do: some things have become so hard to move beyond, that this appears to be such a great answer to my worries if it were in real life.

Get it out of my head, though more importantly, get it out of my heart. I've made up my mind for the longest time already. I guess I need to do what is apparently even harder than making up my mind, and I realize how lost I am trying to go about it. If my exercise of freedom were a purely cerebral matter, then I'm quite certain I wouldn't have to be the least bit worried, but no. Emotions have been running amok throughout my being, and it has been nothing short of a whirlwind. I don't know what else I could do to remedy this... and this resignation to fate makes me dream for a chance to eradicate the pain from my memory by eradicating everything else tied to the pain.

And so after the movie, I ended up in a moment of weakness.

Even the brilliant has no idea. No idea at all.

No comments: