Wednesday, May 05, 2004

.:What's The Point?

Look really closely at the next picture...


What's wrong here? Hmmm...

Can somebody tell me what the point of traffic lights happens to be again?

.:Finally, I Got It Right:.

Here's the correct picture now... the one that was sideways a couple of days ago.


Very interesting caption censored by the LJCC...


.:Considerations:.

Dr. Ibana was, as I mentioned, telling me about having to revoke my scholarship if I wanted to be a T.A. and still hold a full-time job. Considering the need to take a total of thirty units, only six of which I have already dealt with, maybe teaching Philosophy to my Freshmen friends wouldn't be as easy as I hoped it would be. So too bad for Neill or Louis or Rachel... I guess with all the complications, I am not going to be capable of taking nine units a semester alongside my being T.A....

Nonetheless, I hope I can find a way to work it out. Teaching that class come next schoolyear would be such a great boon for me. I just wish I could handle the immense load I'd have to go through if I really wanted to teach and do corporate work at the same time.

Dr. Ibana mentioned that my being a TPH student instead of a PH student must've been a mistake. Well, I guess I have to take this small "mistake" to the registrar, then. It appears every single place where my course could be written down happens to be saying TPH, which is non-eligible for a PhD after the fact. I don't think that's a good idea...

As Dr. Rodriguez quoted the great poet, I don't think I'd want to be "through the desert on a horse with no name".

.:This Is A First:.

I usually go to Hobby Haven to check if Peppy is there. If he's not, then I don't bother hanging around for the most part, as I would not be so convenienced sticking around the store when the LRT line is already closed. Despite that, I decided to break that pattern a bit last night and actually stick around to see how things are going on in the store when it's about to close.

What happened soon enough completely threw me off the loop. For one, I walked into the store after my Chinese Philosophy class (It's been a nice discussion on the Tao as espousing the Nothing from which beings come. Thus, leading me to the conclusion that these Chinese Philosophers had one Hades of an opium supplier. That stuff must be strong...). So fine, my mind was mostly still running on Philosophy, especially with all the nice people and the analogies I managed to come up with regarding the Tao as being nothing not as an insignificant void but from where being can come. This is similar to a hand of cards. Even if you had no cards in your hand, you still have a hand. Otherwise, you cannot draw cards into something that doesn't exist...

... Wait, I'm losing you. Let's get back to what happened when I walked into the store. Mikko and Flip were there, eating dinner. They had "Happy Hotdogs" from Tapa King, and that was all they needed to start the comedy. The hotdogs seemed to be cut in such a way that they look like they exploded near their ends. Mikko was wondering what kind of STD this could've been, and then the idea that it could've been an Aliens Trilogy Chestbuster that just chose the wrong place to explode out of.

Did I mention I had cheesedog for lunch that day as well? That encounter sure changed the significance of that meal...

Soon enough, Jason was telling me how worse they could sometimes get than however bad Monty Python seemed to me. Boy, they weren't kidding. My chit-chat with Carmen during the afternoon was comedic in its own right already, and then the "Happy Hotdog" incident comes along...

Talk about wrestling came into play, but the twist was it was more of funny than academic, considering my range of knowledge. Even I am still taken aback when I recall that the Godfather was once known as Papa Shango. Talk about a gimmick change. We had a good laugh over the RVD-Grand Masta Sexay connection as well. And yeah, our stories proved why the WWE really needs to tell their viewers to "Not try this at home".

I had a couple of L5R games which I both lost, but I at least had moments where I had good bursts of strategy, even against a rather annoying as Hades Scorpion Deck, which strongly reminded me of Chyna in RAW Deal for some reason. In any case, not much with the games, but we sure were laughing our heads off with most anything else.

Hitched with Jason all the way to Shangrila before they headed off to Libis. It was amusing how the ride there was, considering how the comedy level we had just simply went in harmony with one another... Wish I could just rattle off quotable stuff, but I was too exhausted to...

No comments: