Tuesday, May 04, 2004

At the cost of five bucks for MMS, THIS picture will have to do...

Just turn your head when you look at the picture... I'll fix it next time, but making Sacha look good isn't really that high up on my priorities right now...



.:Early Concerns:.

It appears I would have to be lugging around a computer in my free time soon if I want to be blogging as regularly as I used to, especially if I end up getting the job at Binswanger (Apparently, I misspelled it when I wrote about it last time.). It's going to be a full time job that I will have to tack onto my teaching job and my M.A. I'd try my best to go for nine units this semester, but you know that's not going to be the least bit easy. I have to say that if I pull it off, I'd be doing fine enough, though.

Of course, this prolly means I have to revoke my 50% discount for scholarship, or else I'd be a student, a T.A., a full-time consultant trainee, and a scholar gopher. That's four "jobs", so to speak, and only two of them pay. So yes, I'd rather just revoke the scholarship for being a T.A. if that be the case, and work bloody rabidly on my M.A. so that I can be able to teach come next school year. Then, I can handle one class and take one to two classes to make my time easier.

I realize that I won't be having much of a social life in this setup, but it's not like I really had much of one prior to all this, either. The only difference is that I'd get paid for it, and Gawd knows how bad a strain not having my own phone has been on my relationship with Grace, as our lack of communication during this summer has apparently led her to be insanely jealous of a lot of different things. I understand that. That's exactly why I'd work my @$$ off this way just so I can both be fulfilled and find myself in a position where I could also make her happy.

I've had a severe shortage of "friends" since I graduated, as apparently, a good chunk of them are only "friends" by proximity. I could only call very few people so, though they don't particularly extend the effort to actually keep tabs on me. Very few of them, indeed.

I chimed in a few names to sir Bullet when he was asking me for recommendations here and there on whom he can hire among the available resumes in the ADMU placement office from my batch. I saw only the School of Science and Engineering book, so I naturally pointed out some of my friends from CS and MIS. When he mentioned he was looking for cute girls for the most part, I had to strike off people like Bro or Peppy and highlight people like Cami and Kendra, though fat chance they'd ever get Kendra. They're nowhere near getting her a foot closer to NASA...

Hope I could end up working with some people I personally know. Cami would be nice, but I'm hoping she'd somehow end up working for HP all the same. Calling Harry Potter, you have a fan willing to work for you! :)

Needless to say, it was nice meeting Cami again yesterday. Haven't seen a really good (female) friend in quite a while since graduating, barring (future) co-teachers like Sacha and Ma'am Sining.

.:It's A Small World:.

Aside from the fact that Dr. Ibana once courted my potential boss's sister (And he still might be doing so.), and the fact that my potential boss's girlfriend happens to be friends with Bianca Nunag (One of my college blockmates.) and sir Raffy Barreiro from RX, my second interview yielded even more freaky coincidences. This time, after having arrived at Binswanger near Mandarin Oriental to talk to who appears to be our project head in the near future, I was talking to sir Bullet in Glorietta with Joanne, his girlfriend. Funny thing about all of this is that we didn't really discuss much that we haven't already discussed before. It was almost just a chat session, less than an interview. Maybe they wanted to test me if I'd be a slob when eating, which I do believe I handled deftly enough, though it was only the second time I've ever eaten a quiche in my entire life.

Anyways, while I was just talking to sir Bullet near Italliani's, Mila Zamora walked by, and we chatted a bit. She's my blockmate as well, and she's a friend of Bianca's, which also made her a friend of Joanne's. Then while we were there, Javy Moreno, yet another blockmate of mine, walks by us, and we all ended up chatting with one another. Talk about a massive coincidence. I see two different people from my college block in the same place within minutes of one another, and they even cross paths themselves.

When we were at Starbucks, lo and behold, I was approached by RC, one of the people in Don Bosco who was also in Taekwondo. That's three coincidences within half an hour. How odd is that?

And yeah, it was a pretty windy day yesterday. Even my half-full caramel cream frappe literally flew off the table...

.:Projecting?:.

Jason's been egging Peppy on for being "gay" lately, and while I take no offense to it, he sure likes living dangerously. Maybe Peppy and he would get into another "accident" and he wouldn't be so lucky the next time...

In any case, to further fuel that baseless notion, I ended up hitching with Peppy last night back home. Funny thing is that the topic went from TMI to somehow no being invited to parties. I pointed out to him that I throw a party at my house the Saturday nearest my birthday every year...

Peppy *While driving towards my house*: Hmm. That's interesting. I have no idea how to get to your house, though. *Drops me off* Really no idea...

.:An Unexpected Visit:.

Just to keep her from feeling that I suddenly just got knocked on the head and forgot all about her, I dropped by Grace's house today, and let's just say that it's nice to see that girl when she's just at home, not trying to look gorgeous while she's outside because that's when she really shines. She's got that girl-next-door appeal that just really brings a lot of joy to my heart when I see her. Of course, she was hiding behind a pillow for the early part of my visit as she apparently tries to let herself... breathe when she sleeps.

Okay. That might have been a bit of TMI, too... but still, I stand by my original statement: Grace is most gorgeous for me when she has that girl-next-door look to her, which is, ironically, what you get when you're at her house, which doesn't make her your literal girl-next-door anymore, obviously...

No comments: