Monday, March 08, 2004

Still no Top Five. I’m lazy…

.:Just Something To Make Us Laugh…:.

…Before the poll results make us cry…



In any case, it looks like the best we can do is to take this upcoming elections as how we can best scrape the bottom of the barrel… so here’s my “if you have to vote this guy, here’s why” take on the whole thing.

Raul Roco: In spite of being a former Marcos boy, he has arguably the second cleanest track record among all the presidentiables in whatever field he may be, including politics. Brilliant and motivated, although with a wife of Imeldific proportions, this candidate, if only for qualifications, is the least “let’s just vote for this guy and get it over with” candidate of the lot. Still, one has to wonder how deep his Marcos ties were for him to want to make everyone forget about it…

Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo: It’s hard not to hate the guts of someone who’s so political that everything she does for the country is a hypothetical imperative. She’d do it only if it assures her of votes. She’d do it only if it helps her standing with the people. In spite of that, she is likewise brilliant, qualified, and she’s been doing this job for the past four or so years already, so if you think your state at present is good enough, then why not give it continuity? Continuity helps, mind you.

Ping Lacson: If you don’t mind curbing civil liberties and being ruled with an iron fist, Lacson is your man. For all his faults, many people reason that he won’t touch people who aren’t criminals, notwithstanding accusations of narco-politics on his part. If he is true to his promise, he will definitely make this country akin to Singapore… or it could be Marcos part II, as most people who lived through it with ease seem to forget that everyone else was going through Hades at the time. Maybe the Philippines needs an iron-fisted president, after all. Maybe.

Eddie Villanueva: If you want to vote for someone who ran for the sole objective of leading, then it’s Eddie Villanueva for you. This is one man who is as apolitical as can be, and yet is genuinely a contender as a presidentiable. Don’t even think he’s just small fry: he has a clear platform, and though he may alienate non-JIL people, that doesn’t mean his intentions for this country, as well as his competence as a leader, are non-existent. To put it simply, Eddie Villanueva can take on this job, and he has a track record that’s even cleaner than Roco’s. His only drawback is his lack of appeal to the non-JIL people.

Fernando Poe Jr.: If you want a figurehead and want Angara and/or Sotto to run this country for you, then you can vote for FPJ. In fairness, despite being tied with Erap too closely for comfort, Angara actually has a good track record in public service. Sotto leaves a lot to be desired, though.

Eddie Gil: No saving grace whatsoever. Vote for this guy only if you hit your head five times on a wall on the way to the polling precinct, and then he handed you that 1 million pesos he promised everyone if he were to win…

.:It’s Over:.

It’s Over
by Vertical Horizon

I'm here, wide awake again
This fear is something I call a friend
Hello again
It's been a while since I saw you here
I don't remember you saying goodbye

No,
It doesn't matter it's over
Here I've been waiting
All my life
All this time
It doesn't matter it's over
Here I've been waiting
All my life
All this time

Here we go, jump to the stars above
So low, why do I fall to love?
Hello my love
This voice never called your name
This boy would never be the same

No,
It don't matter it's over
Here I've been waiting
All my life
All this time
It don't matter it's over
Here I've been waiting
All my life
All this time

Don't let it end up this way
Don't spend another night afraid
Don't let it end up this way
Hey-yeah

Don't matter it's over
Here I've been waiting
All my life
All this time
Don't matter it's over
Here I've been waiting
All my life
All this time
All this time

I'm here, wide awake again


Mild arrogance ahead…

Damned right it’s over. I finally got my grades for this long semester, and whaddya know?

Com 115.8- Asian Cinema: A
Com 107- Media Law And Ethics: A
Ph 104- Foundations Of Moral Value: A
Pos 100- Politics And Governance: A
Th 151- The Catholic Commitment Of Today’s Filipino: A

Total QPI: 4.0/4.0

That essentially means you are now reading the weblog of a Cum Laude graduate.

Okay, enough with putting myself over. Still, I was so happy about it that I just had to go to sir Sev Sarmenta to tell him about it. Throughout the semester, he was telling me to set realistic goals, and not to kill myself over my Cum Laude… I dropped by his office to have this dialogue…

Sir Sev: What do you want?

Marcelle: Sir, mangungumusta lang. You said throughout this semester that it couldn’t be done… ::proceeds to show grades::

Sir Sev: And you did it. I guess I could’ve been wrong. Apparently, you set realistic goals for yourself.

Of course, he was a bit surprised to know that I wanted to teach, unlike Mr. Callassanz, who was practically laughing at me for taking this long to come around. When I ran into Mr. Callassanz today, he was genuinely glad to see that I was holding an application form already… I sure hope I get accepted. It’s quite an honor to be working with the Philosophy Department…

Of course, I mostly told my teachers about it. Ma’am Sining, Sacha (Okay. So maybe she’s not really my teacher…), and such know about it by now, and my mom was ribbing me about it, as well…

.:Brad Turvey’s Birthday:.

… will be on Wednesday. Don’t forget to greet the jabroni! :)

No comments: