Friday, March 05, 2004

.:Last-Minute Plugging:.

I’d really appreciate votes from the seniors for the Blue Roast Awards. I’m nominated for “Batch Genius” and “Crush ANG Bayan”, and I’m hoping that my friends here would actually care to toss my name around to other people who may not know that the website they were using for their Theology Orals happened to be mine...

I'll be on air for Campus Central in RX this Sunday, 6-9 in the evening. Top Five delayed for Monday, as well...

.:First Time I Actually Appreciated Hate Mail:.

From Den:

Hi! Can you please tell Marcelle to not butt in during the Hot 10? It’s rilli annoying. Hope you understand. Tnx!

Better you than Louie D, assuming Chico was telling me the truth, Den. I’d rather have you reminding me that I can’t participate in the Hot 10 than have Louie D doing it for me, because it’s bound to not be phrased as “break-it-to-him-gently” as you did. In any case, I have a long way to go with my training, so I suppose my being annoying at this point is something I really couldn’t do that much about, neh? Thanx, anyways. Since you’re not going to be the one to sign my paycheck if I land this job, you may as well remind me of a fact that someone who will sign my paycheck certainly wouldn’t be too pleased about...

Do let me know when I’m getting better, though. I think my diction’s been a bit better. It’s just my voice that registers too low on the mic I have to really work on more...

.:A Horror Story?:.

So I walk into the booth early as usual, and I never noticed it, but there was this humming sound inside the booth. There I was, doing the boardwork with Chico and Delamar, trying my darned best to work on my diction and all (Did relatively well for the Generation RX, was unable to say anything good for the Hot 10.). Delamar even dedicated to me that annoying Hallmark jingle about remembering you remembering me, and the both of us knowing how good remembering can be. That, plus the funny/annoying commercial for Wendy’s Shrimp Sandwich, with them singing about it as though it were a Passion Play...

And then, we began to notice the humming sound. It was growing louder and louder with each minute, and we had no idea where it was coming from. The sound got to a point where it was so loud, our microphones were picking it up, and the listeners were thinking we had some kind of feedback going on. Chico and I were trying to isolate the source of the humming sound, and it didn’t take long before we found the culprit: a back-up power source that was currently in use, powering the main computer. That meant that taking the power source out would effectively prevent us from using the computer at all to cue songs, so in a desperate effort, Delamar got three songs, opened the now-archaic but still reliable CD players, and played her next three songs while the technician, Rogie, tried to reconnect the computer elsewhere.

This was the third time in a week that something weird has happened during Chico and Delamar’s time slot. The first two times were brownouts. This time, we were going low tech for quite some time, and as soon as Rogie took out the power supply, cockroaches promptly crawled out of its crevices. It was pretty disgusting to imagine roaches living in the power supply, but there they were, though they were all still pretty small. In any case, Rogie managed to boot the computer again, and the show was saved.

So we went back to doing the show, as this Mumra guy was texting in entry after entry after entry, mostly with feeble attempts at insulting Delamar, though he did get the number one answer in the third hour.

But the story didn’t finish there. Apparently, the apparatus’ circuit board was burnt already, most likely due to roaches eating at it. There was a high chance that the power supply, had the board shorted all the way to the battery or something of that nature, would very well have exploded if we didn’t fix it any sooner. Guess where the power supply happened to be located?

Right beside Chico’s feet.

He was even joking that “We should’ve waited for someone who deserved it to have the thing blow up on his feet.” Still, after the tragedy with someone like Halina Perez, I felt a bit scared for Chico over what just happened... ah, well. I’m queasy, so sue me.

.:Beeyatchy?:.

To concur with Peppy, I never thought I’d see the day that Sach could actually get a bit beeyatchy, especially not when the person talking to her happens to be her student....

So there she was, getting fairly hooked on ”The Mystery Of Time And Space”, and then one of her students walked up to her, maybe Jaime, or another one...

Student: How’d you solve that so quickly?

Sacha: Because I’m smart!

That was said in the most matter-of-factly, as-if-it-wasn’t-obvious-you-silly-twit kind of way, and both Peppy and I found it quite out of character for her to say that, but Hades, I loved it. I loved it, I loved it.

At the same time, it appears Jim Imbong told Sach that I showed him her video while she was singing “Tragedy” last Saturday. To further her sudden upsurge of beeyatchiness, she then mails Jim back a simple message...

I am sooo going to kill that Marcelle...

I swear, she’s beginning to sound particularly menacing to me, and with that sweet, high-pitched voice, you find the stuff that makes up really campy slasher flicks...

At the same time, my mind has been working off the color charts that day, so Peppy’s lines, coupled with Sacha’s weren’t helping me one bit...

Peppy: There are other things you can screw, Sach...

Marcelle: No, Sach, You can’t screw the computer. Oh, dang. There’s no more screwdriver in that room...

Sacha: Oh, shush. I’m playing with it a bit, okay?

And yes, she already finished the whole MOTAS thing. Talk about oozing with sapiosexuality..

Pardon me while my nose bleeds...

.:Undermined:.

I ran into Jamie a few days ago, and the following dialogue ensued...

Marcelle: Vote for me in the Blue Roast Awards...

Jamie: What are you nominated for?

Marcelle: Gifted Child and Crush ANG Bayan.

Jamie: *laughs* *laughs* *laughs*... okay. I’ll vote you for Crush ANG Bayan.

Gee, thanx for the ego boost, jabroni. Maybe I’m not in the Valedictorian list, but I’m not exactly an idiot, either. I didn’t know if I was going to chuckle along with her, or just plain take offense, because I really believe I’m at least qualified to be nominated. I’m sure I don’t have to explain why, as a good deal of my classmates know the reason. But then, as if that wasn’t enough, she just HAD to carry on a few days later, when I ran into her again...

Jamie: Oi, Batch Genius!

Marcelle: What’s up?

Jamie: Nominated din si Bro, ah! (Bro’s also nominated, ah!)

Marcelle: I know. I voted for him.

Jamie: Right...

Just because Bro happens to be Abby’s boyfriend does not mean I should be harboring any bad will towards the man. I mean let’s face it... I don’t work that way, and I really don’t appreciate people assuming the worst about me, when anyone you ask will know that I have nothing but good things to say about him and his girlfriend. I was never the wildly jealous type, much less with someone I’m not romantically involved with...

Ah, yes. Marcelle has been undermined once again.

.:Another Song In My Head:.

I Won’t Say (I’m In Love)
From the Hercules Soundtrack

[Meg:]
If there's a prize for rotten judgement
I guess I've already won that
No man is worth the aggravation
That's ancient history, been there, done that!

[Muses:] Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
He's the Earth and heaven to you
Try to keep it hidden
Honey, we can see right through you
Girl, ya can't conceal it
We know how ya feel and
Who you're thinking of

[Meg:]
No chance, no way
I won't say it, no, no

[Muses:]
You swoon, you sigh
why deny it, uh-oh

[Meg:]
It's too cliche
I won't say I'm in love

I thought my heart had learned its lesson
It feels so good when you start out
My head is screaming get a grip, girl
Unless you're dying to cry your heart out
Oh

[Muses:]
You keep on denying
Who you are and how you're feeling
Baby, we're not buying
Hon, we saw ya hit the ceiling
Face it like a grown-up
When ya gonna own up
That ya got, got, got it bad

[Meg:]
No chance, now way
I won't say it, no, no

[Muses:]
Give up, give in
Check the grin you're in love

[Meg:]
This scene won't play,
I won't say I'm in love

[Muses:]
You're doin flips read our lips
You're in love

[Meg:]
You're way off base
I won't say it
Get off my case
I won't say it

[Muses:]
Girl, don't be proud
It's okay, you're in love

[Meg:]
Oh
At least out loud,
I won't say I'm in love


And so it begins, and you won’t say you’re in love. No eyes aglow. You won’t say you’re in love. You’re not shallow. You won’t say you’re in love.

And yet I look at you, and I find... anguish. A longing to love. Thankfully not towards the wrong person, I believe, which makes your emotions all the more worthwhile. Spite yourself by denying it. It’s you’re call and I don’t fault you for it. But then you’re emotionally flagellating yourself, and a wonderful person like you, jabroni, don’t deserve that. Maybe it’s time. If it’s not, people who care will be around to help you through it. Rather than forever ask yourself “What if” questions, maybe it’s time you started answering some of them.

Oh, believe me. I know how it is to be haunted by the past. You know those scars that always seem to last? It’s vicious, believe me. But then, what can I do? Life goes on, and it’s not a spectator sport. Maybe the pain will keep on coming back with a vengeance, but I’ll be damned if I let it hold me back from my destiny. I’ll be damned if the past would do the same to you, my dear friend. You’re still alive... your little holocaust in the past was far from the end.

You know who you are. Whatever you decide to do from this point on, I leave it up to you. I’ll just be around to support you in that choice you may make.

No comments: