Tuesday, February 17, 2004

.:Unappreciated?:.

Top five delayed for this Friday…

Maybe if I started looking at this Philosophy stuff I’m doing as stuff I’m doing for its own sake, then I wouldn’t feel so bad by the lack of people telling me I somehow managed to help, in spite of the jump of people who’ve visited this site by a couple of hundred or so. It wasn’t easy for me to finish the thesis statements, nineteen pages worth of Philosophy, single spaced, four full days before I had to go for my own oral exams. I usually finish answering only a day before the actual test, so you know I doubled up on effort here.

It may be a case of not practicing what I preach about doing things for their own sake after rattling off Kant, but it does help me keep going for me to know that people actually read my work, and people actually appreciated it. I don’t expect any reward or whatnot, just at the very least a bit of recognition that I managed to help. So I’m consequential in this regard, and not purely Kantian. Big deal. I never claimed to be the paragon of virtue, anyway. Nor did I claim to be the be-all and end-all of Philosophy, either. I just wanted to help, and I just wanted to know if I actually did so, or all I had was good will, which, while it may be enough for Kant, is not exactly enough for me. But hey, it’s just little old Marcelle whining and vituperating as usual, neh? No cause for alarm at all, neh? Yeah, yeah, yeah. Tell that to the marines.

In any case, maybe I wouldn’t do the same thing for my Theology anymore… I don’t think anyone appreciated the help, anyway. Or maybe I just think I’m qualified to make a reviewer that took me a full day to write. I don’t know. Beats me.

.:Appreciated!:.

In contrast, though I am not an official writer for RAW Deal, I still got a lot of recognition for the article I wrote, entitled “The Metanoia Phenomenon”. I had that article up in my weblog for a while, but I took it out because I didn’t want to jump the gun on it. I’ve had really nice comments about my work, about my writing, so next time I post the article, I’d be adding the really heart-warming comments I got. It’s good to be appreciated after months of not being so, be it on RX, or in school. Ah, well. It was about time people got introduced to new slang in a CCG, and “Metanoia”, a shortened version of “Metagame Paranoia”, sounded perfectly fine, and it could even fool someone uninitiated, perhaps mistaking it for a Philosophical paper. Heh.

.:Singles Awareness Day Has Passed:.

Chico and Delamar, along with Brad, really came out with guns ablazing to make people turn on the waterworks for their SAD special, “Only For The Lonely”. All the songs you could call “Ngalngalin” (Wail-inducing) were played, be it the Lea-Ariel duet about letting go, or “Don’t Tell Your Girlfriend”, or “In My Life” rendered by Sean Connery, or “Happy Valentine’s Day” by Trina Belamide, as well as “She’s Out Of My Life”, and “I Thought She Knew”. All these songs were really striking at the core of my being, even though I wasn’t exactly single. I guess these songs simply relate to us, no matter how we think it shouldn’t.

Tournament was canceled (Again!), but I’m organizing them online now, so it wouldn’t be a problem at all. Ah, well. Dinner at the house was perfectly fine. I particularly loved the lamb chops, as the lamb chops in my aunt’s house are… for lack of a more exquisite term… gross. Grace was pretty in a red blouse (When isn’t she pretty?), and she was just like one of the family already. Had a few funny pictures to that effect, too. I have one where I looked like I was holding a human being upon the palm of my hands… where’s an IR port when I need one? ::laughs::

Got a bit of endings for X-Change 2 by now… almost more than half of the 23 already, if I recall correctly…

Ah, well. Let’s move on. Nothing much for this day. I was never a big fan of the occasion.

.:American Idol III?:.

Been hearing a lot about this guy named William Hung, who didn’t make it past auditions with his rendition of “She Bangs”, by Ricky Martin. I have no idea if he’s really any good, nor should I care in particular. What I find funny about him, though is that he has a lot of fans in places like Singapore in spite of not making the cut. What’s interesting is what he intends to do now after falling flat on auditions… he does have a huge… following.

I have a feeling that it’s all in his name, though. Maybe lots of girls think that he’s “Will Hung”… or is that just my Cebuano blood (Of which I have none. There goes that excuse.) giving me weird, weird ideas about his appeal?

Hello there. I’m Will. Will Hung.

Oh hi! I’m Lotta. Lotta Bush.

.:A True Moral Dilemma:.

Got this from an e-mail. With all your honour and dignity ---what would you do? This test only
has one question, but it's a very important one. Please don't answer it without giving it some serious thought for the test to work correctly.

LET US SAY.........
.... You're in Pampanga... In Mabalacat, to be exact...

There is chaos going on around you, caused by heavy rains with all the flooding. There are huge masses of water all around you.

You are a small newspaper photographer, and you are in the middle of this great disaster . You're trying to shoot very impressive photos. There are houses and people floating around you, disappearing into the water. Nature is showing all its destructive power.

Suddenly you see a man, steering a big van. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken away by a massive wall of water and mud. You move closer. Somehow the man looks familiar.

Suddenly you know who it is -- it's Fernando Poe, Jr.!

In that same instant you notice that the raging waters are about to take him away, forever...

You have two options. You can save him - or you can take the best photo of your life.

You can save the life of Da King, or you can shoot a prize-winning photo which could make you very popular. A photo displaying what could be the last moments of a very popular actor who may even become the next President of the Philippines.

And here's the question (Please give an honest answer):

Are you going to use black-and-white film, or colored?

No comments: