Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Moving on with the list, let’s continue with The Top Five People Marcelle Is Most Grateful For This Year.

4. Elbert, Sacha, and Mich: Again, a tie among many people, but I can’t help it, really.

Elbert is one of those few people you can talk to about anything and everything and actually make some headway with. While I don’t assume that I’m close to Elbert (Considering I’m still not on his top-priority links... ::winks::), I know that notwithstanding that, this is one jabroni who will never give me a shortage of intelligent conversation.

I was intending on including Sacha in the top five, but while she may be a professor, she was not my professor. Again, I don’t assume that I’m close to Sacha, as I don’t assume I am to Elbert, but Sacha is one of those people whom you speak to for about an hour, and everything you talk about is just loaded with a lot of significance. I guess the drawback is that it severely cuts small talk, but I suppose small talk is really just that: small. It would appear that the more pertinent matters are the ones more worth discussing, especially since time is of the essence when your schedule is that filled up as hers is. Here’s hoping that next year would turn out to be her time to shine not in Computer Science, but as a chef...

Mich is still on my list simply because nothing has really changed between me and her. I do hope that I’ve been helping her out somehow as much as she’s been helping me out, but considering how rarely we talk, and yet how close we still remain, I suppose that makes her indispensable to me... it’s not like I can suddenly do without her just because something went wrong, and if anything... ah, never mind. I don’t want to get myself started on that crud again.

I’m grateful for these friends. These are people that I treasure for their intelligent conversation and for all the great memories we’ve shared. And yeah, for the occasional frank verbal beatdown I get from them that sends me back to Earth...

Honorable Mention in this category: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. Figure that out. ::chuckles:: And yeah, Cami as well, whom I enjoy hearing from on LJ. She’s also pretty funny with some of the things she’s been up to lately. Neither can I forget about my wonderful thesis partner, Imo, who certainly is a great person with a lot of things to say about anything and everything.

And while I wanted to add a name or two more here, doing that might result in trouble, so I won’t. But I think the persons in question would realize why.

No comments: