Friday, February 28, 2003

What else can I say about my worries that I haven't said?

Let's face it. If my stepdad will be too close-minded to give me hell once more when I try to fix this up with him, then I should treat him no differently from how I treat HER now... with a good degree of contempt.

Nope. No Phenom's Fury or anything. (Somebody teach me how to put a registered trademark label on that, please! :) ) I don't find any urgency to do that, as it's just me. My personal widdle battle. As I keep on reiterating, the last victim I preyed upon had to leave Don Bosco. That was pretty bloody cruel of me, I know.

To someone I know, I hope you're doing fine. I know it's depressing, but you'll be fine. You can't blame yourself for what happened, and you shouldn't be wishing you were there instead of her. You probably aren't reading this, but I still want you to know I'll be around if you'd ever need me again. I leave that all up to you, jabroni.

On Philosophy...

Truth is the agreement between the judgment of a human being and the state of affairs. Truth is NOT relative, in a relativistic fashion, wherein what is true to me may not be true to you, and that's fine. But truth IS relative, in that the truth being revealed has to be revealed in relation to a human subject who will pronounce judgment upon it. There is no truth if there is only a state of affairs, but no judgment. Hence, a tree that falls in the middle of the forest does not make a sound if there is no one there to hear it. Truth, after all, is historic, which simply means that it is an event. An event can only be evaluated in the presence of a human being.

Truth is NOT absolute, in an absolutistic sense, where truth is a Platonic, finished idea, completely unchanging and eternal. Otherwise, there is no more need for Aletheia, as there is nothing to unconceal for us. Truth, while it is historic, is also transhistoric, for truth is revealed to us in temporality. Without temporality, you cannot count from one to ten. You will always count one, then the next moment, one again. Temporality gives continuity for us. Despite that, truth IS absolute, for while truth is an event, it is also a never-finished event, so the truth for today will still carry on for tomorrow, be it in a different shape or form. Truth is absolute for the subject-in cogito who pronounces a truth is ABSOLUTELY bound to this truth he has espoused, and can no longer say otherwise.

The age-old dilemma of the One and the Many, thus, is not a dilemma, after all. Indeed, the Being of beings is NOT itself a being, and this Being of beings reveals itself in temporality. Therefore, anything that is uncovered to us as truth is a manifestation of the One being present in the Many. But unlike a Platonic "participation in perfection", we now see a two-way relation between the so-called essence of a being, and the events in temporality that involves it: from the essence stems the events, and from the events, stems further developments in the essence. It's just like the chicken and the egg, or Theology's Fundamental Option.

Heidegger, you are the man.

I think I'm ready for any oral examination on this now... :laugh:

No comments: