Thursday, February 13, 2003

What can I say? It looks like next Thursday, SHE will finally be getting the assignment Jim Paredes gave my creativity class last semester... yeah... that one. The one where you have to settle issues, in a pretense that you are about to die. The one where I settled my issues with Abby once and for all, and things suddenly became a lot better for the both of us as friends.

So what's that got to do with me? I'm hoping she'd consider me for that assignment. Let's face it. Whatever issue she has had with me, at this point, is now completely moot. I've said my piece, apologized to her countless times, and most of the things she was pointing in my direction were actually mere assumptions on her part. Yeah, I know I'd be risking her ire again if she ended up reading this, but come on, jabronis! I just want to put the issue behind us and move on already. If we can bring back our friendship, that'd be nice, but if not, at least have the decency to hear my side out. I know that a certain person who's still prolly mad at me did (I'm sure you know who you are, jabroni.). Why can't she? Is it so bloody difficult to open one's mind?

Theology has been a nightmare, but I like my teacher, nonetheless. Fr. Reyes may not be in the league of a Fr. Dacanay, but he's fun, for what he's worth. It's kind of a culture shock for most people to hear Fr. Reyes spouting a lot of vulgar words while lecturing, but what can he do? He's teaching Theology 131 for crying out loud! I can't blame the students who think really funny stuff up about him, but you have to respect how he maintains a sense of decency around him no matter how sensitive the matter-at-hand happens to be. I guess I'll be getting a B from him this semester... that's too bad. I wanted a perfect sem, but if he's the only subject I don't get to ace this semester, I'll be pretty happy already. If I get a B+ from PR, though, that'd make me feel bad, because Mr. Sarmienta is one of the easiest A teachers around. Mind you, he also teaches well, too, and I'm not saying that just because he was friends with my mom or something... in fact, less so should I be saying that due to that fact.

I'm ruminating right now... *jaded* and I talked again, and I finally managed to express to someone who isn't my girlfriend the main reason I sometimes end up being a lousy friend (Despite my good intentions. Bah Gawd, somebody ought to show this stuff to somebody...). That's because I HATE feeling like a useless friend to somebody. It's utilitarian, you might say, but I don't expect the same kind of so-called "usefulness" from others. Just from me. If I feel useless as a friend, that tends to make me try harder to be a good one. In the process, I overshoot myself, and, well... things like last week or so happen.

I wanted to talk about my Philosophy lecture yesterday, but I'll leave that for next time. I also owe you jabronis a new Top Five tomorrow, which I will promptly give you. I still have to do my PR paper, and I can't seem to get a hold of Sacha. I was supposed to ask her a bit about the software for the blind she's been doing...

Ah, well.

No comments: