Thursday, February 06, 2003

In other news...

I feel like I want to make a few changes in this blog, content-wise. I actually wanted to write a weekly column on my "Person of the Week", where I'd be talking to that person and posting it here, but I have to put that on hold. I want to cut some promos and see if I can match my old Championship-calibre promos in wrassle.net. I haven't been in that E-Fed for almost two years now, but I had a couple of fun runs... one as The Rock, the other as Meriadok (A sorcerer. Would you believe I won the title with that gimmick?).

I guess the soonest I could do is make a mood update, using professional wrestlers as a reference. When I can do that as a section of my blog, I guess I'd be happy. For now, I'll just include it in my posts. Still, I don't feel like doing that just yet.

Go strangle me, but I just realized that a part of me wants to teach Philosophy when I graduate. I guess Mr. Callasanz and Mr. Bulaong significantly influenced me there, and I really wanted to originally minor in Philosophy a year ago, but my parents didn't like that idea. Still, if I suddenly got an invitation to teach in Ateneo in the Philosophy Department, I'd prolly be more inclined to take it than an offer from the Communication Department. I guess I just really enjoy Philosophy. It's one of the few subjects I don't mind having a hard time at (When I DO get a hard time with it... my prof is brilliant at making it understandable.). Nonetheless, we'll see what happens there. Otherwise, I work a couple of years, then see if I can get a Masterals in, say, Stanford or N.Y.U. for Public Relations... that's not such a bad option, either.

One dream job I don't think I can get, though, is a contract in the WWE. Now that's wishful thinking... :laughs:

I played KOF 2K2 at Centerpoint today, and let me just say that I'm glad it's 2K2 now... it's time to say "farewell" to all those cheesy infinite combos/loops that we've been seeing last year. Of course, grapplers like Clark are still scary, but it's a lot easier to take being defeated by a boxing Clark than a scrubby Whip who relies on her throws and nothing else.

Right now, I don't have a standard team. Despite that, I'm thinking that Shermie and Choi Bounge have potential in my eventual main team. Shermie, for one, is a great Grappler, and has an excellent anti-air move. Likewise, she can really confuse her opponents as when she starts rushing towards the opponent, her air-attack priority may not be the best, but it can actually beat out priority-king Clark quite surprisingly often. The number of times they got caught with Shermie's anti-air move is beyond me.

Choi, on the other hand, is irritating because he's so fast, and his jumps are high. No matter how high your priority is, you'd still be hard-pressed to beat Choi at jumping around. That's what makes him so good. He has moves that do good damage and have little lag time, and he has a simple combo into his DM (Desperation Move), though I've yet to master that. Lastly, his Hidden SDM (Super Desperation Move) is so hard to avoid! Because the slashes are random, the attacks can come from in front or behind, so your opponent would have a hard time blocking! I intend to use Choi a lot in the near future.

Other characters I tend to use.

Kula: She's got a nice anti-air normal move, and she has some decent combos this year.

Yamazaki: What's not to like about him? He can grapple, reflect projectiles, and even do nice combos! His "whip" move is one of the most unpredictable moves, and it's easily cancelled. Plus, his HSDM is a sight to behold! He throws his opponent away with his bloody teeth! Yes! His teeth!

Goro: He's one amazing grappler, and his HSDM is really good at confusing your opponent. Moreover, he has tremendous anti-air priority. I never really mastered Clark, so I'd rather use this guy. He can still hit you with his Earthquake off of a foot sweep.

Kyo/Kusanagi: Both are just for fun, especially Kyo, whose MAX mode combo is reminiscent of an FPJ movie... full of punches.

K9999: Very easy to use, wonderful (Especially against jumping opponents.) DM, wonderful HSDM (Even if they block.), and decent to amazing air priority.

Athena/Kensou: My fireball people. They have some good moves, too, though Kensou tends to be played scrubbily, as Kensou players just wait for the opponent to jump. Athena has a few good options, and a reflector.

Takuma: I'm just practicing with him. He's nothing like his old self, but his new version can be fun.

May Lee: Loved her in 2K1. Struggling with her in 2K2, but I still like using her from time to time.

Vice: A very easy-to-master grappler. Not as cheap as boxing Clarks, so I like using her when I go for an all-grappler team.

Chris/Orochi Chris: Quick, easy combos. Either one is just as good for me.

Orochi Yashiro: One of my best grapplers. I was using him in '97 and '98. Lower damage this year, but he's got a powerful and UNBLOCKABLE HSDM. That's more than enough of a reason to fear him when your opponent chooses him. Can confuse opponents a bit, but Chris is better at it.

Yeah, I think that covers it. I might love Iori Yagami's character, but until I get the hang of Max Mode combos, I don't think I can use him too well... :)

No comments: